Howling Wolf Rd 1

birdy

Just got back from a day spent recce'ing the site and its fair to say that a good proportion of it has changed beyond recognition.

The water levels are the deepest I have ever seen them and there is now deep water where there was no water before.

Suffice to say we have done our best to plan the event keeping you away from the deepest stuff (no, honest I mean it) but to avoid water completely would mean holding the event on the camping field.

buuuuugger... I was looking forward to playing on all the rocks... :unsure: tell me theres still plenty of big rocks and big climbs Neil...? not just H2O....?

I'd best rais the air intake in the buggy then... :rolleyes:

Yes lots and lots of rock and big climbs, this will be a real workout for your new truck :lol: :lol:

This will be the first I have missed in 3 years, don't like night sections or water.

Have a good weekend see you all soon.

big jessy.....im not afraid of the water or night sections......im afraid of twiggys snoring :o

best be diggy my rubber duckies and flippers out by the looks of it :lol:

dan

So Neil... How is the night stage goignt o go down?

What time do we have to be there by to get scruteneered n' all that jazz in time to be ready for the night stage...

are there any special requirments?... apart from Lights... :unsure:

Rob

Hopefully the scrutineers will be there by 4:00pm to get you all processed for a 7:00pm kickoff.

All will be explained at the driver's briefing but I can tell you that the night stage will not be a free for all 'punch hunt'. You will be tackling 4 specials all against the clock.

Also there will not now be an entry fee supplement for the night stage and we will not be providing food.

The only special requirements are two forward facing white lights and two rearward facing red lights. Although in your case you might want to get Andy a hi-viz romper suit so you don't run over him... again!

Final entry list for the first round of the 2010 Howlin' Wolf, sponsored by The Off Road Armoury as follows...

Number Driver Co-driver Vehicle Class

1 Rob Tunnah Andy Tunnah ART Mitsimog 1

2 Nick Watts James Trembath Special Special 2

7 Marc Dyer Austin Jewitt Land Rover 90 2

9 Rob Butler Andy Marshall Sgt Rock Proto 1

10 Dan Smith Bert Smith Land Rover 90 2

13 Peter Jackson Richard Norris Range Rover 2

15 Andrew Woodhouse Mark Whetton Land Rover Defender 2

17 Jonathan Smith Alan Webb Land Rover 90 3

19 Sam Coulton Matthew Martin Land Rover 90 3

20 Chris Booth Thomas Booth Land Rover Series 2a 1

25 Steven Bennett Chris Bye Land Rover Defender 2

28 Wayne Tonks Rhodri Lewis Land Rover 90 3

29 Jonathan Bird Charlie Dunn Land Rover 90 2

31 Ian Mousdale Tom Salt Land Rover 90 2

33 Rupert Denne Hugh Chapman Land Rover Defender 3

34 Mark Clegg Chris Vasarhelyi Jeep Wrangler 2

35 Chris Genner Dan Dawkins Land Rover Defender 3

36 Mark Burfitt Will Christie Hall Suzuki SJ 2

37 Paul Church Cliff Garrod Range Rover Proto 1

38 Robert Jones Darren Chesher Land Rover 90 2

Entries are now closed

Sounds good to me!

Just spent most of today adding some kirton protection, under belly pan etc, aswell as some extra lighting for the night stage incase we end up running in the dark. Just a few minor adjustments to make, set tracking etc and build front winch back up and we are ready!