I'M OFF

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

Well I'm finaly of to Canada on Mon morning. Only going for 6 months :D so will be back in time for xmas and JST event at the end of the year.

Only downside is that our flight has changed from a Tristar to a Hercules :(:( . Oh joy such a long flight already just got a lot longer.

Hopefully I'll get some net access overthere and keep in touch with the comings and goings of the forum.

Take care

Well I'm finaly of to Canada on Mon morning. Only going for 6 months :D so will be back in time for xmas and JST event at the end of the year.

Only downside is that our flight has changed from a Tristar to a Hercules :(:( . Oh joy such a long flight already just got a lot longer.

Hopefully I'll get some net access overthere and keep in touch with the comings and goings of the forum.

Take care

:lol:

Went to Cyprus on a Tri-star and came back by Herc.... :huh:

Have a good time...and leave the Mounties Alone.. :blink:

See you later Mark i am sure it will be fun, if your bored you could always count the trees on the prairie!

you may miss the next event but be back in time for a later Christmas one!

drop me a line at work when you get there, need some BATUS issues resolving at the moment!

Guest WALFY

Counting trees! You must be having a laugh, I could try running between them I suppose if I get bored one month.

Will drop you a line when you get over there. Do you have DII at work? If not I'll find some other way.

If I need any thing I'll let you know. To start off with an MOT next month and a bulkhead change in the next couple of months will do fine.

Cheers

Mark

If you still have the offer of a herc flight with the tail down then take it. Not an expierience you'll forget in a hurry.

Mark

If you still have the offer of a herc flight with the tail down then take it. Not an expierience you'll forget in a hurry.

I know. The offer still stands but I can't make it due to an already booked and paid for holiday. It was arranged for one of these family/open day things so the date can't be changed. Just bad timing :(

Guest WALFY

Bogmonster

I came down to Ascension (sp) in a Tristar back in 95. Then flew on to Angola in a Herc. 8 hrs of fun sat in those horrible net seats. Not been in the back of the revamped ones yet. Maybe they have big comfy seats now ;)

Holly s##t, i did that flight in a Tri-star and that was really bad, so in a Herc it will be terrible :D

Bogmonster

I came down to Ascension (sp) in a Tristar back in 95. Then flew on to Angola in a Herc. 8 hrs of fun sat in those horrible net seats. Not been in the back of the revamped ones yet. Maybe they have big comfy seats now ;)

RAF Stanley to Asi could take up to 18 hours depending on winds .... in a canvas jump seat :huh: my one experience of that was one of the quickest flights on record, "only" about 13 hours IIRC <_<

The smart move was to leg it down the back after take off and spread a sleeping back out on top of the mail sacks that were always just inside the cargo doors :D

Bogmonster

Ha Ha Ha :lol: best joke I've heard :lol: same seats as the early Herc's, I used to be on Role equip @ Lyneham, so I know how those seats feel. :blink::unsure:

have safe time in Canada :D

Guest WALFY

UPDATE UPDATE

Well after 7 1/2 hrs in the back of a luxurious herc we landed in Newfoundland for an overnight stop. Glad thet told us!! No beer for me tonight. Only another 7 hr flight from here to Calgary with a short stop in Winnipeg. Then a short 3 hr bus ride to camp.

Will keep you all informed.

Cheerio

:lol:

Went to Cyprus on a Tri-star and came back by Herc.... :huh:

Have a good time...and leave the Mounties Alone.. :blink:

yeh, know what you mean I had to fly both was to Cypres on a bl**dy Herc 29 hrs round trip but that was back

in '74' ..(RGJ)... my ears are still ringing :ph34r:

Have a good trip and look out for the lobster shacks, they are great.......

Lawrence