hub seals

That will work in that it should fit and seal, being a decent make. I've always used RTC3511 for hub seals though. The dual-lipped type. They seem to handle oil in the hubs better than the single-lipped ones.

Make sure the stub axle land is reasonably smooth, or your seals won't last long at all. And pre-grease both the stub axle land and the seal lips themselves before fitting.

I think maybe yeah it could be the seals, but as Retro said the sealing face is also important. I picked up 2 very nice stub axles from Paddocks for 30 squid each I think they where branded "freemans", was quite happy with the quality, seals will seal lovely to the silky smooth finish.

Early RR used Oil in Hubs, pre LR going to Grease (Customers didn't like oil drips on their drives apparently :lol: )

So, if you convert back to oil hubs (FAR Superior IMVHO) then you need RTC3511 and a genuine or decent quality one, use a poor pattern one and "Total Loss Oil system" will mean something to you

Also the RTC3511s have seals in different places, so high chance the stub will be as new there, just clean stub up with wire wheel brush to remove the gunge on it

:)

Nige