New trolley jack

ibexman

I've got the Sealey 3 tonne in the picture above, cracking bit of kit for the price. I'd avoid Halfords like the plague from previous experience, if you intend to use it for any amount of time. They are fine while they work but when the seal on the pump fails it's impossible to get a new one. In comparison every component in the Sealey can be replaced, I know they are significantly more expensive than the Halfords one but potentially you should never need to replace it.

I've got a SEALEY TOOLS 3003CXQ

Excellent jack, cost around £80 but it has rocket lift and a very nice jacking pad.

When looking I found that a lot of jacks did not go high enough for larger than normal off road tyres.

Also it has a very controllable release.

I've got a SEALEY TOOLS 3003CXQ

Excellent jack, cost around £80 but it has rocket lift and a very nice jacking pad.

When looking I found that a lot of jacks did not go high enough for larger than normal off road tyres.

Also it has a very controllable release.

Another vote for this, easy up easy down

quite heavy to carry around but very good, has been left for days holding up one corner of most things LR

I have a Halfords 2.25 tonne 4x4 jack, which is very nice as it lifts up to the height of whatever you're lifting in one stroke, and has a good lift on it for getting the Land Rovers off the ground :)

Seems okay anyhow.

I've recently got one of these. Seems to need a lot of effort to pump up after about half way. Is your's like this (feature of the model, sir) or is something wrong?

I've just picked up the 4x4 jack from Halfords tonight, along with a tall tool chest and all for £80....

The jack is £79.99 inshore and they have 15% off til Sunday however if you go online and reserve and collect it's only £39.99 and you stil get 15% off....!

Same sort of thing with the toolchest which should be £110

Jack seems well built so I'll wait and see....

Cheers

Pete

Yeah, with no weight one stroke lifts it right up, but with weight on it it is a bit slow and requires a lot more pumping. I was thinking on sticking a longer handle on it to be honest. Still, built well, lifts plenty high enough, and a very good price.

I know that there will always be better out there, and "for just another £30 you could have..." but it's my money and £30 is enough steel to make a front bumper ;)

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Halfords 2.25t 4x4 jack back today :angry:

Worked OK but did require quite a bit of pumping force, still, as I said above, for the price it was good enough. Until today. Put it under the rear axle of the Disco and I couldn't lift the vehicle. Can't get enough force on the handle whilst its so far under the back end :(

They gave me a refund as I said it wasn't fit for the job. When they said they'd get the manager I said he was welcome to try it in the carpark :P Didn't see the manager, just got a refund :lol:

Best part is they didn't aske for the £10 voucher back so I've used it a few times and made £10 (which I spent last week) :D

So...back in the market for a trolley jack that actually fits under the back of the Disco. Going to try the Agri Supplier down the road.

I bought the 3 tonne Machine Mart jack with screw top 'suitable for 4x4s' a fews back when my 3 tonne of the same style as the Sealey one gave up - Linky

I wouldn't recomend it, the lifting pad is too small, the quick lift function doesn't work any more, the swivel wheels repeatedly fall off, and it won't lift the front end of my Chevy, which must be getting on for 3 tonnes, but definately doesn't exceed it.

I'm sorry to say the best one I've used is the 3 Tonne Snap On, but it retails at over £300, you pays your money an all...

• 4 weeks later...