AWDC Scorpion Racing Trophy Round 4

najw

I don't blame Nick (tango) for checking out the surroundings himself - after all he has Les as a Co. and I wouldn't trust him either :P Just look what he did to his own motor... :D

:ph34r:

I'm running ... byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#

Glad to hear that Rob and everyone else is OK Only benefit is that it's a reminder for everyone to play safe and make sure that belts, cages, extinguishers etc are in good order.

Shame some people are breaking tapes/punch lanyards accidentally :rolleyes: and not telling anyone. Maybe it should be made compulsory for every entrant to have a CB and report and tape or punch damage to a Marshal immediately. Having said that it does happen by accident sometimes, but if they don't own up people are going to think foul play.

Cheers

Steve

to be fair we found two detached punches yesterday, that had been tied to Rotten branches ,(probably accidently knocked off trying to get cose ) we drove as far up the existing wheel marks as we could before we marked the card

Finally got home, I'll be a bit sore for a few weeks so the doctor tells me and I shall probably need at least the next couple of days off work.

The bruise on my back was caused by me slewing round and hitting the home made arb switch/clock console in the middle of my dash.(note make sure no sharp objects in dash)

Now to the more important things I recon that I rolled only one and a half times, So the truck sholud be back on the road in less than a month.needs a pair of front wing and an engine mount.

It was a stupid mistake of me reversing over a slight brough when I was already on a side slope, when the front drivers wheel came up in the air I pressed the brakes rather than letting the truck reverse backwards.

It is allways easy to say what I should have done afterwards though.

Rob, that looks really nasty :( I use 3 point harnesses and they're really quick to get in and out of. If you set up the sholder straps so they're losse enough to riggle out of then it allows you to just use a lap belt on really technical stuff where you want to move arround.

hi,glad to here everyone's ok,

super site and a big thankyou to Neil and everyone involved

cheers john and ned.

P.S. did anyone find themselves driving up to several invisible punches or was it just us :angry:

Had some first class black pudding for tea last night and oxtail to be experimented with soon - many thanks for that John, much appreciated. By the way Lola says a big thank you too - she loves eating cardboard!

Carole

to be fair we found two detached punches yesterday, that had been tied to Rotten branches ,(probably accidently knocked off trying to get cose ) we drove as far up the existing wheel marks as we could before we marked the card

That is very commendable and sportsmanlike of you and what I would expect.

My issue is more with the bunting which blocks off an easy route - somehow it gets broken, left on the floor and people then drive to what is obviously a stupidly easy punch! Number 31 is a classic example - from one side of the fence it was a delicate approach over a broken dry stone wall from the other (which was buntinged) it was like the M25 and judging by the number of tyre tracks had seen the same traffic :angry:

We will find a way...

My issue is more with the bunting which blocks off an easy route - somehow it gets broken, left on the floor and people then drive to what is obviously a stupidly easy punch! Number 31 is a classic example - from one side of the fence it was a delicate approach over a broken dry stone wall from the other (which was buntinged) it was like the M25 and judging by the number of tyre tracks had seen the same traffic :angry:

We will find a way...

Land mines.

:ph34r:

here is one for the photo album :)

I think it hurts more badly than it looks :)

OOF!!! must really hurt then cos it looks gruesome :o .At least you are ok(and probably a bit wiser?).After a roll on the Bulldog trophy a couple of years ago i stopped keeping snatch blocks and d-links in the cab :blush: cos it is suprising how hard they are :huh:

Paul

Thought I'd log on and join in the fun!

First and foremost, I am very relieved to hear that Steve, Brian, Rob and John are all OK - please don't do that to me again I'm of a nervous off road disposition.

An extremely tough event for everyone but one I hope was enjoyed nevertheless. Adrian - take no notice of your bossy co-driver - you drove SS2 really well and were the first to clear it!! Tangoman - take it from a girl (well sort of) you were a tad girly on the stage - no offence! At least you got out of the car to take a little look at the section first though!

Devastated at the news of no Dave and Trev! Please come back and see us - hope it wasn't down to you being grounded because Gemma saw what you do on your dirty weekends!!

Thanks to all of our helpers and marshalls - you are the best.

Carole

Carole, I am sorry if was a tad girly on ss2, at the start of the event I went straight to ss1 signed in and walked around the course, then me,Les and Gwyn heard a noise turned and watched a mate roll (Rob jones) saw them both get out and marshalls with them so carried on did the section then came up to ss2 signed in and walked the course all I can say is obviously worse for rob but seeing that really shook me up and it effected me all day.

We will find a way...

the only way is to marshal the punches where the route in/out are to be controlled.

otherwise it makes a mockery of everyone doing the course properly.

anyone willfully breaking bunting or pulling punches off to Cheat as thats what they are doing should be asked to leave or have their score halved for the event.

if a punch comes off it is purley beacuse the vehicle is in the wrong position or not close enough.

should it miraculously drop off the competitor should have to find a marshal to make a repair.before leaving the punch area.

that punch should also be discounted from thier final score.

thats what I think any other views?

We will find a way...

Hi Neil,the bunting was down on 31 when myself and ned got there but could see it should have been done from other side so we turned round and did 29 ,30 and then 31 down the fence. the invisible ones were 5 or 6 could have punch card with ticker tape but no punch and a the ones which got broke of trees 26 was one that we reported to carole and another to a marshall in green landy, 54 was also broken off the tree and 52 was detatched you have to go looking them, hide and seek, we all want to win.

Carole, I am sorry if was a tad girly on ss2, at the start of the event I went straight to ss1 signed in and walked around the course, then me,Les and Gwyn heard a noise turned and watched a mate roll (Rob jones) saw them both get out and marshalls with them so carried on did the section then came up to ss2 signed in and walked the course all I can say is obviously worse for rob but seeing that really shook me up and it effected me all day.

Oh Nick I'm really sorry - you think I was serious! Neil told me this was the site where I could get involved in a bit of friendly banter with our drivers - I was really only joking following on from the original comments on the site. You need to know that I am terrified of off road driving - ask any of the marshalls that I scream at when I am in a car. I actually chose to walk the course for laying out as I trust nobody to take me on grass let alone side slopes and hills!!!!!! Andy took me out to my SS2 on Sunday and I had to ask him to excuse the screams and take no side slopes as I may kill him!

I am constantly impressed by the standard of driving skills and nerve shown by the competitors and who would listen to the one who won't go in a vehicle off road!

Lots of love and respect

Carole

Misunderstood and Confused of Newport Pagnell

NICK

dont know what all this is about your driving

atleast you are out there competing in one of the

toughest and best off road events in the uk

whare the rest are only reading about it and making coments

and your vehicle is probably one of the only ones which

is driven to every event

keep the pedal down and get on whith it but dont do a ROB

GWYN

Nick old boy,

It only comes with practice the more you drive the more you learn B)

as Gwyn said, at least you are out there in the middle of it :lol: there are plenty on here

who talk about it, offer advise, but don't get out and do it :lol:

Wait for the hate mail!!! :lol::lol:

Anyway mate, i think it's Les who makes you nervous :D

Just for the record, the car stopped and would not start, then the starter packed in :angry: same time same site as last year :angry: but we had a very good morning up until then :lol:

Nick, see you and Les at the birthday bash, what a team :D we're show them,

Motor problems will be sorted by then, just watch this space :lol::lol::lol:

See you in August Neil, Bl**dy hell Wales again :lol::lol:

Sorry forgot to add, somebody came and said hello in the marquee at the end,

sorry i did'nt ask your name, or say to much, still pi$$ off with my motor at the time :angry:

Ps, Nick you should have seen Pigster drive when i first met him. :lol::lol::lol: and still now,

just put him on a side slope :lol::lol:

right that does it... :angry:

we are going to swap driver and passenger in the next challenge then - -I'll show you... :P

I am the greatest that ever lived... I have taught the best you know... and now I am stuck with you... the man who doesn't listen to instruction... struth.... :rolleyes:

just you wait... it would help to get a reliable car as well.. as I feel my fitness levels are not being reached/maintained at the moment.. :lol:

Sorry forgot to add, somebody came and said hello in the marquee at the end,

sorry i did'nt ask your name, or say to much, still pi$$ off with my motor at the time :angry:

Ps, Nick you should have seen Pigster drive when i first met him. :lol::lol::lol: and still now,

just put him on a side slope :lol::lol:

right that does it... :angry:

we are going to swap driver and passenger in the next challenge then - -I'll show you... :P

I am the greatest that ever lived... I have taught the best you know... and now I am stuck with you... the man who doesn't listen to instruction... struth.... :rolleyes:

just you wait... it would help to get a reliable car as well.. as I feel my fitness levels are not being reached/maintained at the moment.. :lol:

Richard, Last event adrian had to walk back to the camp site while you sat in the car waiting to get a tow why did'nt you pull him back, and as for driving you can't even find the right gear :P

firstly - - he needs the exercise.. (he is getting tubby) and I am getting concerned that a: he can not get in the car to drive any more and move about a little to see whats happening and B: he will not be able to get out againif something went wrong... because he would be wedged firmly in the seat. :D

second - I stayed back with the motor - so I could torch it, but I couldn't locate a match :angry:

thirdly - the gears - - its an auto, with no signs on it to tell me what gear its in. besides I can not help it if you can not push it... try hard next time :D I am sure there was one vain left in your forehead that hadn't risen. :lol::lol::lol:

next time - he can do it all himself... :)

forgot to mention - I didn't pull him back because of the sun - I am a ginger after all. if it was cloudy/raining.. it would of been fine..

Richard, Last event adrian had to walk back to the camp site while you sat in the car waiting to get a tow why did'nt you pull him back, and as for driving you can't even find the right gear :P