What's your MPG with 3.9 petrol and 33" tyres?

Fern

Hi. I'm having 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2 as for now. And I think I have nothing more to do with my engine, double checked everything, replaced lot's of things, and I still have bad mpg. Currently it is 8mpg in town and around 10mpg on a highway. Also I do have a big roof rack which i think may play role in fuel consumption. Right now the tires are inflated with 2 bars and are very stiff on road.

So my guess is maybe I want too much and it's usual fuel consumption with such tyres. Please, write your MPG if you have 3.9 petrol engine and 33" tyres and more. Thank you very much.

post-8324-0-19970900-1297028924_thumb.jpg

Is it town or highway mpg that you mention here?

Forgot to say I use multipoint LPG. I had 265/75/16 before and I had 9.4/11.76mpg. Lot's of people claim that they have 16/12mpg with standard tyres and I'm keen believe it. I would expect mpg decreasing with bigger tyres but not so much.

Also don't forget that if you are doing your maths off the trip meter on the speedo (with 33's) your milage will read different to when you have 29" tyres.

I found that , according to my GPS,

29 (std) = speedo read 5-7 mph to fast

32 = speedo read spot on

33 = speedo read to slow by about 3-4 mph

Andy

FF, you forget, you and I run a far more advanced fuel and spark system :ph34r:

I'm on 33" Simex JT2s....winches, bumpers, full roll cage, autobox, oh, and did I mention 15 mpg was loaded up and pulling a trailer at ~1ton ;)

once i fix mine this week, i'll do a few petrol mpg runs (town driving to & from work). i'll use the tomtom for the mileage.

spec of car, for added weight etc. is:

3.9 efi with mark adams tornado chip

k&n cone filter with safari snorkel

lt77

std ratio diffs

285/75r16 bfg muds (32.8")

arb front bumper with winch

hd rear bumper

full exterior cage with internal hoop

rock & tree sliders