Japan Tragedy

need4speed

I know its totally non-landrover related but hey-ho....

I knew the japanese tsunami was devastating, but from the videao footage ive seen on telly it didnt look to be very high. However, ive just seen pics of a 3-series beemer on the roof of a 3 storey building.....i mean WTF!

Feel so sorry for them...

Until recently my wife worked in the UK office of a Japanese Oil Company (it is their refinery that is on fire in Sendai). She is concerned for the safety of several former colleagues and their families who returned to Japan.

Japan has a decent size community of Disco owners as Discoveries were sold by Honda there for a while. X-Eng sends quite a lot of kit to Japan.

I hope they live somewhere more mountainous than coastal!

Si

The company I work for has quite a few gearboxes on gas turbine driven electricity generating sets in Japan. A lot of the servicing is done at two Hitachi sites, the one in the North is pretty much gone, we're told. We were due to send Engineers out on the day it happened but luckily the flights were held up and they didn't go. The problem we have now is that because all air traffic is shifting relief aid it will take about two weeks to get any spares into the country for repairs to anything that might be able to be fixed.

Our other issue is that we have Engineers in South Korea, we have been advised that the risk of radiation poisioning is a possibility there and they may have to leave.

Our thoughts and deepest sympathies go out to those affected in Japan. As events unfold only time will tell how bad this will be for the rest of the world.

POST DELETED for being crass, wildly offensive, hugely moronic and completely out of order.... as a start

Your intelligence is dwarfed only by your outstanding literary skills, I feel unworthy to answer.

Edited by Hybrid_From_Hell
No need Dave, post deleted WIB - DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED