Mobile Storage Systems

Does anyone know if Mobile Storage Systems are still in business,or if they have changed their phone number? As I have been calling them for the last week or so,and just get a message that the number is disconnected or not available.I also sent an email,and haven't received a reply.I am after a metal cubby box with the radio compartment,and theirs seems to get the best feedback

Wayne

I can certainly recommend the product. :)

I know that they are a small business, I think still family owned, though I know they changed hands recently. If this is the case then they may be on holiday or something - it can be hard finding a good time for taking holidays as a small or family business.

Chris

I spoke to them about a fortnight ago on the phone, when I called their usual number I got a message that the number had changed to: 0844 879 4440

their web address is: http://www.mobilestoragesystems.fsnet.co.uk/

They had a stand at Driffield although the couple that own it wasn't there it was some different people who I had never seen before, so it all makes sense now! maybe they have sold out?

I have some of their products including the cubby box which is absolutely superb, the build quality is second to none with attention to detail throughout, They are expensive but you really do get what you pay for. :i-m_so_happy:

Another GREAT British company going to the S%^tter then :rolleyes:

whats with the new website address? why not just retain the old one, put an update on the home page informing loyal customers and notify any contact changes (phone, fax, email etc).

G

Another GREAT British company going to the S%^tter then :rolleyes:

whats with the new website address? why not just retain the old one, put an update on the home page informing loyal customers and notify any contact changes (phone, fax, email etc).

G

That would be the logical thing to do, but as I said they've been bought by trek overland..........

I spoke to them about a fortnight ago on the phone, when I called their usual number I got a message that the number had changed to: 0844 879 4440

their web address is: http://www.mobilestoragesystems.fsnet.co.uk/

They had a stand at Driffield although the couple that own it wasn't there it was some different people who I had never seen before, so it all makes sense now! maybe they have sold out?

I have some of their products including the cubby box which is absolutely superb, the build quality is second to none with attention to detail throughout, They are expensive but you really do get what you pay for. :i-m_so_happy:

Yea this is the changed web site that I went to,and the the phone number that I have been calling.Oh well,if I don't get any response,I guess I will have to look elsewhere for something similar.The problem is that I am in Australia,and I need to get it sent here!!!

Wayne

Yea this is the changed web site that I went to,and the the phone number that I have been calling.Oh well,if I don't get any response,I guess I will have to look elsewhere for something similar.The problem is that I am in Australia,and I need to get it sent here!!!

Wayne

I have their draws in the back of my trucks. Used them alot, and recommend them.

But no surprised that they have sold it , last time I saw gem was 6 years ago at the Abingdon 4x4 show. They were looking close to retirement then. But they have done some traveling in their past. They drove all round Australia in a. s2 back in the 60- 70 and it was really hard then .

f35f3da4.png

cargo.jpg

But Wayne I am interested how you go with importing to Aus as I am in Brisbane and would like some more of their stuff

Ali

I have their draws in the back of my trucks. Used them alot, and recommend them.

But no surprised that they have sold it , last time I saw gem was 6 years ago at the Abingdon 4x4 show. They were looking close to retirement then. But they have done some traveling in their past. They drove all round Australia in a. s2 back in the 60- 70 and it was really hard then .

f35f3da4.png

cargo.jpg

But Wayne I am interested how you go with importing to Aus as I am in Brisbane and would like some more of their stuff

Ali

Ali

I have purchased a lot of stuff from O/S both from the U.K and the U.S. and as long as the item you order is under A$1000 there is no additional cost ie import duty.Sometimes I have had to make a couple of separate orders over a few weeks to keep below the A$1000 threshold.

For what I am after here there is no problem.......apart from actually being able to purchase the item.

By the way,I like the storage draws,they look compact and well made.Are they very heavy?

Wayne

Ali

I have purchased a lot of stuff from O/S both from the U.K and the U.S. and as long as the item you order is under A$1000 there is no additional cost ie import duty.Sometimes I have had to make a couple of separate orders over a few weeks to keep below the A$1000 threshold.

For what I am after here there is no problem.......apart from actually being able to purchase the item.

By the way,I like the storage draws,they look compact and well made.Are they very heavy?

Wayne

I was more thinking how much the postage would be on stuff

They are very well made. But not too heavy, I easyly lift them in and out of the car on my own , I had outback draws in the back of the 110 when I got it. I took them out and put in these ones. For a number of reason. If you want to take them out then you can very easy and quickly. Can't do that with the outback ones. Also better made than the outback ones. These are all metal Unlike the wood of the outback ones

Nice how the make the whole back area of the car flat and at the same level as the wheel arches. I know the outback ones do that too but the have a bit of board that goes all the way across and raises the back area of the car by 20-30 cm which made it too high for my dogs to jump into the back of the car . Also wasted a bit of area over the wheel arches

Ali

I was more thinking how much the postage would be on stuff

They are very well made. But not too heavy, I easyly lift them in and out of the car on my own , I had outback draws in the back of the 110 when I got it. I took them out and put in these ones. For a number of reason. If you want to take them out then you can very easy and quickly. Can't do that with the outback ones. Also better made than the outback ones. These are all metal Unlike the wood of the outback ones

Nice how the make the whole back area of the car flat and at the same level as the wheel arches. I know the outback ones do that too but the have a bit of board that goes all the way across and raises the back area of the car by 20-30 cm which made it too high for my dogs to jump into the back of the car . Also wasted a bit of area over the wheel arches

Ali

Ali

I sent them an email in February asking about the price and also if they shipped to Australia.I received a reply from Clare???? that shipping to me would be £85 which I was prepared to pay.

My 110 is set up as a weekend weapon,and I like the idea of lightweight draws for the rear to keep weight down and to be able to keep things organised.Hopefully someone will either answer their phone or reply to my email so that I know which direction to go with.

Wayne

Ali

I sent them an email in February asking about the price and also if they shipped to Australia.I received a reply from Clare???? that shipping to me would be £85 which I was prepared to pay.

My 110 is set up as a weekend weapon,and I like the idea of lightweight draws for the rear to keep weight down and to be able to keep things organised.Hopefully someone will either answer their phone or reply to my email so that I know which direction to go with.

Wayne

Wow thats pretty cheap compared to what I was expecting

Where abouts in Aus are you .

Ali

The service has gone downhill since Trek took over - I think quality is not as good either, cost cutting maybe?

Yeah I might just buy the unit sold by Extreme 4x4,it is cheaper but it will still fulfill the function that I require ie has a separate compartment for mounting a radio or in my case a CB.Unless anyone has another suggestion?????

Wayne