4.0 or 4.6 Serp - Need some help pics wise

Hi

If anyone here has either a 4.0 serpentine V8, or a 4.6 serpentine V8, could they please

grab their keys and their camera open the bonnet and see if the PAS Pump they have is like

the one on mine in the piccie below :

post-22-0-60769700-1307472770_thumb.jpg

On the PAS pump I would like pictures showing the route to the PAS Box, and also is this pipe as I think

on the high pressure side a Banjo union and a bolt assembly ? also is this pipe "1 steel lengthed piece" or does

it have some rubber section in it somewhere and where ?

Similarly the PAS Resevoir, where fitted and the route of the pipe from it to the pump, and last pics of the route from the PAS box

with the retun pipe to the Resovoir

A load of pics would be hugely appreacited please :)

Nige

is this any use from my RAVE CD, 2nd gen RR PAS layout

Not really ralph :(

Need to see how they are plumbed in / through whatin "Real World Pics" as I have

no idea and things are not where I would expect them / anywhere similar to what I have / had

Before I reinvent the wheel, I would really like to see how the factory plumbs/ routes them in

Also the pics I have are different :

post-22-0-45003500-1307477450_thumb.jpg

If i am right and this is decent "Non Generic" picture of the pipework, then you'll see why I would

like to see where on earth these route !!!!!!!!!

HELP ? :)

Nige

Nige, the inlet port of the pump (mine is identical) rotates around 180 degrees with gentle taps from a mallet -this makes it much easier to fit the PAS in what I think is the factory position, on the NS inner wing on a 90.

I have this setup in my RRC and was able to man handle the high pressure hose into place, and yes there is a rubber section in it, there has to be other wise the vibration would end up cracking the pipe. The rubber section is BEFORE if is mounted rigidly to the chassis/body.

The high pressure hose from an RRC fits straight into the outlet from the pump, and it is NOT a banjo, rather just am oversized brake union (whatever they are called!) so if you have a scrap RRC with a mate somewhere it could be a cheap fix ;)

I would take a pic, but the Range isn't with me at the moment...

AH HA :)

Understando now, I'll give that a damned go go, that could be a godsend :D ...and I have a spare :lol:

2nd Q

The High Pressure side i see you don't have the factory Banjo and Bolt, but a normal

m14 flange with o ring, so still wondering if this is another flavour, as I have been told its

essential to use the banjo unit / union ?

:angry:

Nige

Well, that was all there was on the RRC, and 90% sure it was the same on the P38 it came out of.... IIRC it has no o-ring, just a brake line-like affair with a flair on the end of the tube, like the one on the right in this picture:

http://www.andyz28.com/1lecd/brake%20lines/flares.jpg

Engine and therefore pump was out of a 1995 4.0l P38a..... and I have run it like this for over a year with no problem ;)

Hmmm

Well, 1st Thingy Mr Bowie, turned the filler around 180 Degress - you a Bl**dy Start :) Ta

Right, 2nd thing, more worried about

I am trying to make sure that I do everything on the transplant "Properly" now, rather than a rush fit and a "Sort that better later"

route, as my "Laters" have a habit of sliping :lol:

So, PAS Pipes

I will most likely have these made up, using ends I supply, new therefore to make sure the "Ends" are right

PAS Box end - no probs, have them from the old pipes

PAS FResovior out to PAS Pump - no probs, Low pressure and jubillee clip etc

BUT

High Pressure to PAS Box is the issue, and the end at the pump the key problem

If I read you right your using the same end as a PAS Box has, like this :

post-22-0-83200600-1307914181_thumb.jpg

It fits, it screws up, and gioes tight, its an M14 thread, and is not right as the original is a Banjo fit and bolt with washers ie this type (my old unit now wrong size)

post-22-0-47526200-1307914245_thumb.jpg

The rerason I think this is the case is the pic below left - is the PAS Box entry hole to take the M14 fitting shown top with ring

whereas the one on the RHS is the internal of the PAS Pump and is a differing internal construction, hence the Banjo unit

post-22-0-21240400-1307914437_thumb.jpg post-22-0-12041700-1307914466_thumb.jpg

My question is is the M14 PAS Pump unit fitted to the PAS

(a) what you have and

(b) Members thoughts as to longevity / how good this is as a solution

Me, I am serioulsy unconvinced, but having a nightmare trying to get a second hand PAS Pipe P38 4.0 / 4.6 Pump pump to get the unition and bolt :(

Anyone got one ?

Nige

PS but ta for the fab tip on inlet being turnable, would never ever have known / tried / thought of that :)

Nige

Before I converted to a ZF set up,I simply went along with my bits of pipe and pump to a hydraulic fitter who had an adaptor for the pump and then spliced in and "jointed the original pipe onto his new fitting, cost me peanuts and saved me loads of woes.

Get out a bit man and ask

This indistrial revolution started up North.....wonder why????

Well, 1st Thingy Mr Bowie, turned the filler around 180 Degress - you a Bl**dy Start :) Ta

Hehe, yeah, I just sat there looking at it and thought it was stupid, and realised it was a different casting, and low pressure and gave it a tap -it moved :)

As for the other thing, I'll bow to other people's expertise, but when I connected it up it looked to me like it should all fit and with the crush once done up the flare should seal well -it did, and does to this day, no problems with air or leaks on the HP side (the LP is a different story, really must replace the reservoir....)

Boothy, I'm a southern softy too you know :P