Les Brock

Ok help required,

Anyone know what the core colours relate to ? :blink:

Ground will be one I would have thought

Reverse closed circuit contact ?

Inhibiter open circuit contact ?

common ?

Now another ?

Do I wire it up as normal, or can I wire it so I can start it in gear as in failed hill start, as I dont want to be faffing trying to select "N or Park" before it will turnover, then I would need a MOT switch to make it work as it should I presume ? :unsure:

200Tdi Taxi Lump :P

Wiring diagram would be good if you have time :i-m_so_happy:

Ta !

:D

park and neutral are on same circuit , rev is an earthing circuit.

How would you get a failed hill start on an auto ? very dangerous to override inhib circuit , i know someone who had both legs broken by an auto starting in drive . :ph34r:

How would you get a failed hill start on an auto ? very dangerous to override inhib circuit , i know someone who had both legs broken by an auto starting in drive . :ph34r:

What he said, don't undo what the H&S people have put in there -just in this case of course ;)

Ok perhaps I got it bum around face :moglite:

What I was trying (and failed) to say was like a momentry switch, which I could press to allow it to start in gear, with the key as well of course in a competion senario, not on the road and not to bypass in completly but should the need arrise, knackered inhib switch for example

Now I used the hill start senario as I have never driven a auto off road, so I thought it was still possible in a 200Tdi to stall it......hands up my mistake :lol:

Don't need the inhib switch for the MOT. And it's not really a H&S thing is it really when you look at it. It can be a good thing on a normal car but if you are going to compete with it then that's a different matter. My 90 has just sailed through the MOT without it fitted.

Why does everyone blame the H&S people for things when it's not them?

A trick with triallers is to put 2 push to make momentary switches on the steering wheel to start the vehicle in the event of a stalled engine. This is relatively safe, especially if it had a seperate switch to send power to them, as you have to deliberately press both wanting to start it.