4.6 RV8/ R380 Full megasquirt n Edis

Right then, this will seriously tick off HFH but oh well :P I am thinking of parting company with my beloved 4.6 set-up :( .

The engine is a really good unit with approx 50,000 miles on it and cost £4500 from Land Rover a few years ago (as a replcement for a damaged unit) The engine number tells that this unit was destined for a Morgan plus 8 so i presume is of higher qaulity.

It is running full Megasquirt and Edis etc etc and runs sweet as a nut with PLENTY of power. It is currently attached to an R380 which could be sold with it making this a very simple conversion for someone.

Question is - whats it worth? i am hoping for 2k, is this fair or am i in cuckoo land?

Steve

Edit; also comes with all new ancillaries/tubular headers and Rad/pipework.

Right then, this will seriously tick off HFH but oh well :P I am thinking of parting company with my beloved 4.6 set-up :( .

The wound(s) will be deep, painfull and Many - You'll scream more than you do now passing a petrol station young man :angry:

Just to add, the loom on this BEAUTIFULL SETUP (YOU GIT :angry: ) has a hand made proper proper custom brand new loom = lovingly

made by me (IN THAT FREEZING COLD THAT I WORKED IN FOR FREE ...FOR FERK*N DAYS ON END YOU B*****D ) Out of new proper coded cable and few joins

('COS I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TREASURE IT AND LOVE IT FOR YEARS - BUT OH NO, NOT YOU) and not some snot chopped harness modified to

take the WONDERFULL MEGASQUIRT SYSTEM which His Gitship is looking to depart from for a Dreadfull horrible puffing smokey

'Tedious Diseasel 5 Rattly Cylinders of Chip fat Fryer' Unit, practical like a IRON but not too exciting eh ?...V8 TOO much for you ?

Need a Tame 90 eh ? Sort of any gear makes no piggin' difference, just the smoke and rattling changes amount and tone ?

Be afriad Francis, be very afraid, sitting there with your Heat Deep Fat Fryer Monthly Magazine and Kleenex

:angry:

Nige

PS Must Go - Have a old Bear Trap thats not quite working properly enough yet ........ :rolleyes:

PPS Wanted : Large Butchers Saw, Meat Cleaver, Giant Ground sheet, and Large drum Of Nitric Acid, PM me in total Confidence :ph34r: .....

Given that a MSnEDIS setup will cost you around £5-600 all-in, plus all the work to fit (that Nige did) means you're looking at about a grand for the engine, which is, if the condition is as you say, a billy bargain.

I don't need a power plant (nor would I waste my time on another Rover V8!), but if I was in the market then it would certianly appear an option.

The wound(s) will be deep, painfull and Many - You'll scream more than you do now passing a petrol station young man :angry:

Just to add, the loom on this BEAUTIFULL SETUP (YOU GIT :angry: ) has a hand made proper proper custom brand new loom = lovingly

made by me (IN THAT FREEZING COLD THAT I WORKED IN FOR FREE ...FOR FERK*N DAYS ON END YOU B*****D ) Out of new proper coded cable and few joins

('COS I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO TREASURE IT AND LOVE IT FOR YEARS - BUT OH NO, NOT YOU) and not some snot chopped harness modified to

take the WONDERFULL MEGASQUIRT SYSTEM which His Gitship is looking to depart from for a Dreadfull horrible puffing smokey

'Tedious Diseasel 5 Rattly Cylinders of Chip fat Fryer' Unit, practical like a IRON but not too exciting eh ?...V8 TOO much for you ?

Need a Tame 90 eh ? Sort of any gear makes no piggin' difference, just the smoke and rattling changes amount and tone ?

Be afriad Francis, be very afraid, sitting there with your Heat Deep Fat Fryer Monthly Magazine and Kleenex

:angry:

Nige

PS Must Go - Have a old Bear Trap thats not quite working properly enough yet ........ :rolleyes:

PPS Wanted : Large Butchers Saw, Meat Cleaver, Giant Ground sheet, and Large drum Of Nitric Acid, PM me in total Confidence :ph34r: .....

I have to agree here, having swapped from V8 :D to Td5. The ONLY plus side is not having to stop at

fuelstations so frequently.

I don't think Nige took the news well... :lol:

Dunno seemed to get away lightly for me.

I have to say I would be very very afraid we all know what self inflicted injuries Nige laughs off as a little cut and the no pain micro surgery he performs to remedy said cut.

To paraphrase our banjo playing friends over the pond: "Squeal like a pig, Boy"

If i get to the point that i have a working TD5 installed then i will be sure to park outside Nige's house early am so he can listen to the lovely 5 cylinder burble/clatter/rattle of the deep fat fryer :ph34r:

This engine is now up for sale complete from the R380 forwards through to the Rad/ ancillaries etc for £2000 or swap for a similar Td5 set-up (hopeful or maybe dillusional) There is currently interest at this price and is first come first served.

Steve

hopefully the blue smoke will give enough cover for you to crawl blast away before he tips water over his bedside radio inducing mild electric shock , trips as puts on trousers causing falling down stairs, recovering in time to fly headfirst thru his door, standing on a handy rake in garden which in turn flips garden shears up and into shoulder. Just in time to see the blue smoke clear and see you three doors down,

hopefully the blue smoke will give enough cover for you to crawl blast away before he tips water over his bedside radio inducing mild electric shock , trips as puts on trousers causing falling down stairs, recovering in time to fly headfirst thru his door, standing on a handy rake in garden which in turn flips garden shears up and into shoulder. Just in time to see the blue smoke clear and see you three doors down,

:hysterical: He wouldnt be able to follow me as his 5.2 wont be ready :P

So are you laying down the challenge to Nige that he can't have his 5.2 in and working before you have your TD5 fitted? :P

That will be a trick :)

With no arms legs or a head

Nige

PS Thanks all for the "Tools" and Acid Oh - and Industrial Blender too (very generous).. just now need a ground sheet - PM in total confidence :moglite:

PPS Ones "Avatar May have changed :rofl::P

daan

Nothing to do with the fuel option, I was referring to HFH and his multi tool kit of retribution.

for what it's worth i'd go for the V8 any day with a switchable lpg for long trips if that would work, failing that a V6 with supercharger, says the man with a 200tdi. :huh:

tony

To be honest, i'm done messing with the truck now, Thanks to forced changes in my work i need the truck on a daily basis and i can't afford to run or justify a large capacity v8. I can't be assed with Lpg and if i'm going to fork out an extra £1500 or whatever it would be then i'd spend it doing up my series 3. I do love this engine but it just doesn't make sense for me personally anymore. My other option is to sell the whole truck and not go offroading anymore.

Oh and Barker - you are satan in disguise, put my avatar back you fercker!!!!!