jad

Strongest diff  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which is stronger?

• Salisbury
    • ARB/KAM/Ashcroft locker
    • Salisbury with ARB centre

Hi Everyone

I wanted to get your opinion on which diff is stronger? Im not too interested whether or not the diff locks though. I also know you can get an ARB centre for the salisbury diff. Does this make it stronger or just give it the ability of locking?

Thanks

Jad

Somewhat acedemic / pointless poll IMHO :)

Salisbury is a super strong diff as it is, locker won't IMHO add much strength

TBH Salisbury rarely fail, when they do its either that its worn to b*ggery or is in a application far extreme - ie LS1 engined

monster race truck etc

Nige

Somewhat acedemic / pointless poll IMHO :)

Salisbury is a super strong diff as it is, locker won't IMHO add much strength

TBH Salisbury rarely fail, when they do its either that its worn to b*ggery or is in a application far extreme - ie LS1 engined

monster race truck etc

Nige

And people like rakeway or rovertracs can make the salisbury mega strong with 1.5" halfshafts and dana 70 locker .

Front salisbury is limited by halfshafts and cv and this can be helped by landcruiser cv

I will hopefully reach 400bhp+ in the next couple of years (up to a thousand if i get really bored when I get older!) so thought i would ask! It would mainly be a road/laning/camping truck. Not looking for massive bogs with it....

Thanks for the help

A thousand horsepower in a camper van :blink:

Brilliant - see you on Top Gear :rofl:

You never know, one day...... 400bhp is fairly realistic, 1000 will require a fair bit more money! but 1000bhp 4wd, doesnt that remind you of another car? but considerably cheaper...... it would be er "interesting"

...rovertracs can make the salisbury mega strong with 1.5" halfshafts and dana 70 locker .

Front salisbury is limited by halfshafts and cv and this can be helped by landcruiser cv

Dana 60, although a 70 could be squeezed in with some surgery...