Camel Trophy extorsion...

I'm not sure I understand why a camel is seen to be more capable / more useful / has "life sustaining ability" (whatever that is) compared to your or anyone else's LR.

They are a standard Defender burdened with literally a ton of extra stuff, much of which you don't need and is not useful if you want to do off roading, expeditions, etc. Even the stuff that you WOULD add to a normal defender is more than likely not quite how you'd want to do it given the choice.

Sure, fit a cage, fit a roof rack, maybe fit a winch. But do you need a roof rack that is a recovery point? Do you need 250kgs of assorted pig iron bolted on and under the thing? Is an internal cage that useful when interior space is at a premium?

I'm not sure I understand why a camel is seen to be more capable / more useful / has "life sustaining ability" (whatever that is) compared to your or anyone else's LR.

They are a standard Defender burdened with literally a ton of extra stuff, much of which you don't need and is not useful if you want to do off roading, expeditions, etc. Even the stuff that you WOULD add to a normal defender is more than likely not quite how you'd want to do it given the choice.

Sure, fit a cage, fit a roof rack, maybe fit a winch. But do you need a roof rack that is a recovery point? Do you need 250kgs of assorted pig iron bolted on and under the thing? Is an internal cage that useful when interior space is at a premium?

Hmm true, a camel is just a standard ish defender painted yellow. But the point I think I was making was that how much of what "we" do now was down to high profile events like the Camel Trophy. Land rovers where happily established before the camel Trophy existed true!, but I'd like to speculate that it was down to the camel trophy (not just) that expanded the horizon of what Land rovers can do...? - which goes back to the iconic states rant... I don't perticulalry want an icon, i've got that by just owning a land rover in the first place but I guess when I think Land rover, the image i hold is of a Camel. very powerful marketing.

I presume I see them to be more capable (quite irrationally now I come to think about it) is that these vehicles actually did "it"... went and drove through jungles, deserts and siberian wilderness...? :blink:

Was the roof rack designed as a recovery point on those things?

Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire, maybe I should be looking at a "wolf" ;) instead...

eyy? :o what you mean? how do you no? whats the difference?does it make a difference other than its fake? :unsure:

There is a multitude of missing accessories and parts. This is just regular 110SW with a respray and stickers, and any enthusiast with even a passing interest in the CT or G4 would spot it as a fake a mile off. To me, that makes it worth less than it would have been refinished in its original colour and trim and is not worth any consideration as an example of a CT vehicle.

There is a multitude of missing accessories and parts. This is just regular 110SW with a respray and stickers, and any enthusiast with even a passing interest in the CT or G4 would spot it as a fake a mile off. To me, that makes it worth less than it would have been refinished in its original colour and trim and is not worth any consideration as an example of a CT vehicle.

I found a "2nd hand" camel replica from the same seller, a poor chap had bought it and then within 100 miles of driving it, it had blown up and he had found all sorts of problems, and the seller pretty much didn't help him at all. :(