AWDC Challenge North West

Boothy

• 2 weeks later...

Well boys and girls the applications are coming in thick and fast, so please don't leave it until the last minute, you could be dissapointed. Dan!!!

No 22 could well be gone, those not in the know I'll explain........ it's 2 little ducks from Stoke.....

Mrs Sue Badger is our clerk of the course and is a bit like Arnold Black'n'decker "she won't take no carp", Saley and I have been warned already.

I'll put up the entry numbers shorly and a few bit and pieces about announcements sponsers etc, also some postcodes

Don't forget it's also on Facebook, what the f*** is facebook, anyway it's on there with Mrs B's link....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Righty oh boys n' girls

I think it's only 4 Sundays to go to round one and they are filling fast, if your thinking of an entry please do it quickly to avoid diss-apointment...

I would hate to have to reject anyone, it's a terrible thing rejection, on a brighter note though luckily Saley is trained in councilling, mainly sheep but he is trained.....well he talks a lot to his sheep, (they don't fully inderstand him either)...but he can help with rejection however

I can act as a translator for anyone with difficulties....

We have some cute and cunninging specials stages planned and tested, we are well up for the challenge of challenging you and hopefully entertaining you....but you've got to be in it to win it..

Enteries please, before the postal rates go up, this could and should with the scoring system we are using be a very interesting competition or two...

Come on......

• 2 weeks later...

Provisional entry list for Uplands Coppice is as follows,

No Driver Co-driver

1 Barrie Gee TBA

2 Jon Hoole Rhys Hardy

3 John Sales Glyn Yates

4 James Raffety TBA

5 Richard Nicolson TBA

6 Gordon Conway James Coghlan

7 Chris Booth Thomas Booth

8 Kevin Thomas TBA

9 Jonathon Smith Alan Webb

10 Gary Reed Alex Naunton

11 Richard Fear Stephen Dunleavy

12 Dan Thomas Matt Price

13 Anthony Bagnal Steve Jones

14 Allen Sharpe Ben Turpin

15 Paul Lundstrom Matthew Slinger

16 Simon Essam TBA

17 Dean Russell Ricky Kirk

18 Simon Lee John Pickles

19 Jake Cooper Tom Marrion

That is of today (Easter Monday) there are some more promised but not yet recieved and there are a couple seeing if they survive the LRS next week, these places will be on a first come first served and are pending registration/entry.....

Nearly there now and getting excited....

Chris

Due to the fact that I cannot edit we have another entry today with Steve Bennett and Chris Bye taking up number 20.

Barrie Gee is blessed with an excellent co-driver, Mr Jonathon Wood

Come on...............

Chris

An address an poscode has been requested so here we are,

Upland Coppice, Glazeley, Bridgnorth, W V16 5LS

Chris

I have spoken to the caterer today and they will be on site Sunday morning, they are normally up and running in time for breakfast.

Location streetmap for anyone who hasn't been before. http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=370972&Y=289940&A=Y&Z=120&ax=370927&ay=289720

The post code WV16 5LS is for the Halfway House pub which is half a mile north of the site, you can see it on the streetmap above, this means we are half a mile south of the pub. I am told they do B&B if anyone wants it or there is also the Downs Inn which is approx one mile away.

Cheers Chris.

Indeed, i'm at work.... i don't do 4am starts when home :lol:

Did you get my facebook message about a week or two ago about vinyls ?

I need to reinstall an injector on my tow truck and mot it on Friday when i fly home :(

Take care

G

Final instructions are as follows.

Scrutineering and signing on from 08.30hrs Sunday, scrutineering finished at 09.30hrs, Marshalls brief at 09.00hrs, drivers brief at 09.30hrs.

Start of comp at 10.00hrs, finish is expected at 16.00hrs.

Trophys etc will be presented at close of play (trophys are mint, well worth earning).

Camping on nice fresh grass is available, toilets are on site, butty van will be on Sunday, please bring a bin liner to take any rubbish with you (you know the drill by now).

Smiles and laughs are mandatory, poscodes and addresses are posted elsewhere on here, marshalls and clerk of the courses desision is final.

Please do not abuse our Marshalls they do it for fun and not to be abused, thanks for all your help and assistance so far, lets have a great weekend.

You have Saleys and my mobile numbers for any problems etc, see you weekend.

Chris

We have had a lot of rain this week and more is forecast so it is very slippy, it is difficult to walk around and stay on two feet let alone drive the place so for those competing can you PLEASE unload your trailer at the top then drive down to the camping field. On Sunday when you leave can you then load up at the top.

If you have broke down or for whatever reason and need to load at the camp site if you let me know I can arrange someone to be on hand with the tractor or Unimog to give you a tow, its not a problem and we are glad to assist, its only a problem if you decide you can drive off the field with your truck and trailer on the back, churn up the grass and leave a trail of mud on the exit road.

Once again ITS WET AND SLIPPY.

We want you to have a good time but we would like a good time as well. Thankyou.