Floor mats

PGM316

Sorry if this has been covered already...

Does anyone have a good recomendation for some fitted rubber mats?

The Landrover ones being £70 and some other now Landrover ones about £50, just seems expensive. The ones I have are a bit worn, but have a foam underside, so keep the floor nice and damp!

cheers

Paul

Well just to add to the options - if you want loose fitting mats as well there are some with raised edges that contain the leaks and drips from boots!

My brother bought me a set a while ago and I can't seem to find them now (the ones advertised as "Mudmats" are not the same.

Anyway when I switched from a 300 TDI Defender to a TD5 my wife was away looking after my Mother and i am pleased to report that the mats came up a treat in the dishwasher!!!!! :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Is it not worth buying a sheet of rubber matting and cutting to shape?

I did this for the back of the 90, as the wife has a horse noticed that the stable mats where ideal, grooved channels underneath

and small bobbles on top, come in various thicknesses (10mm and 18mm) and 4'x6' sheets.

I got a 10mm sheet and cut it to size, helps with sound proofing, will NEVER wear out! And a damn sight cheaper than a LR one!

post-15547-0-51245300-1323941284.png

I looked at these, they have a foam bottom, downside of these with a Defender with all their leaks is that it'll hold dampness.

They have foam, but it doesn't soak up any water. They of course trap water like any other rubber mat.

Is it not worth buying a sheet of rubber matting and cutting to shape?

I did this for the back of the 90, as the wife has a horse noticed that the stable mats where ideal, grooved channels underneath

and small bobbles on top, come in various thicknesses (10mm and 18mm) and 4'x6' sheets.

I got a 10mm sheet and cut it to size, helps with sound proofing, will NEVER wear out! And a damn sight cheaper than a LR one!

post-15547-0-51245300-1323941284.png

But where does one get them from and how much?

Ok regards genuine mats i beleive the part no. STC50172 fits upto 2007.....What is the difference between the mats after 2007?

Personaly i like the look of this pattern......But this comes up as Pre 2007 and also for 2007 on?

post-15547-0-00937300-1324330980_thumb.jpg

This one not like so much but comes up pre 2007 as well as the one above?

post-15547-0-39490600-1324331229_thumb.jpg

Any help in this matter Cheers Mutley

I have some I bought off ebay a few years ago - they look similar underneath to the stuff Mutley posted but the top surface has small rough chippings, they were pre cut, thick heavy rubber, good sound proofer.

Just make sure the footwells are properly dry and slather them in waxoyl, let it dry then put the matts in-no problems.