Belgium National 2012

Cam_43

• 2 months later...

We went for years and it was fantastic. Towards the end it became more the British National with the number of Brits there. Then one year they decided to return it to being a mainland European event and most Brits were not invited. For some reason we were but there were only half a dozen other British vehicles. I felt we were made to feel rather unwelcome compared to previous years - and we never went again!

I wish it could go back to how it was. I met several people I consider my friends now including Bruce Gould and Bowy on the Belgium National.

Si

I remember you making your way back to the boat with less teeth on your crown wheel than you started of with Si. They were very good weekends away.

That would be me! It was that occasion that made me make what became the X-Plug - A magnet strong enough to hold on to the handfull of teeth that 'fell off'! So, something good came out of it!

Si

That would be me! It was that occasion that made me make what became the X-Plug - A magnet strong enough to hold on to the handfull of teeth that 'fell off'! So, something good came out of it!

Si

I think it was 03 or 04 that you were running the proto X-Brake and there was lots of people laying under your truck having a look including myself.

Did that idea fly at all.... :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sadly the BN like it used to be isn't anymore. Loved the event a lot! Even then with my unlocked series with toyo axles and 35 inch simex had some great fun at the XX-treme course and made lots of new friends

Cheers Bowy

Did you have a yellow series land rover and we might have had a wee dram?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm British and I get to go but then again on Belgian plates now :i-m_so_happy: But last year we met up with a few brits there, really nice place and loads of fun on the road book but one puncture on the road book meant no playing in the off road course!!! :(

What sort of challenge are we talking Henk?

Winching?

Comp safari?

Trials?

really got my attention with that one Henk :i-m_so_happy:

Edited because I can't always spell propporly