wheel spacers on a 90

I have got standard 16" modulars on my 2" lifted 90 with 35" x10.5 simexes on, oh and extended bumpstops.

I have got some 30mm wheel spacers - if i fit them do you think that they will cause any rubbing of the wheels on the spats, etc...

whaddya reckon?

I have got standard 16" modulars on my 2" lifted 90 with 35" x10.5 simexes on, oh and extended bumpstops.

I have got some 30mm wheel spacers - if i fit them do you think that they will cause any rubbing of the wheels on the spats, etc...

whaddya reckon?

Dave,

I think it would be OK but you ought to try it (Loddington is open this Sunday). I seen rubbing on some cars but not others.

Might be time to buy those nice Mach 5 rims :)

Guy

James, you'll mainly get extra wheel bearing wear, as you move the wheel away from the bearing the additional leverage causes more load and thus more wear.

A clubmate uses these with Simexs and is forever taking the wheels off to retighten the fixing studs ! Seem to be more hassle than they're worth !

Mo

James, you'll mainly get extra wheel bearing wear, as you move the wheel away from the bearing the additional leverage causes more load and thus more wear.

But isn't this exactly the same as fitting a wheel with a greater offset, in terms of the stress you're putting on the bearnings?

I've like to be able to turn the 110 in less than 20m or what ever the turning circle is :P so my choices are spacers or something like wolf rims. Much of a muchess isn't it?

I ran spacers and Wolf rims on my 110 as I was having issues with the radius arm when on full lock. I never had any problems with bearings.

I now have a 90 with same sized tyres but standard modulars on and have no problems. If i had I would have kept the spacers instead of giving them to Dave :D

Guy

an update- fitted them last night and found that i had to chop a bit more out of the rear arches, a meeting with Mr Angle Grinder soon sorted that.

and on my way to Whaddon today the handling started to feel funny , stopped and had a look and found that the NSfront spacer was loose ( O'er)

so the poster that said about them working loose was right!

an update- fitted them last night and found that i had to chop a bit more out of the rear arches, a meeting with Mr Angle Grinder soon sorted that.

and on my way to Whaddon today the handling started to feel funny , stopped and had a look and found that the NSfront spacer was loose ( O'er)

so the poster that said about them working loose was right!

Dave,

Must be a Simex thing. They never worked loose with the BFGs I had.

Guy

I have just fitted some wheel spacers and used "loctite" on the nuts, no problems with nuts coming loose, not yet anyway :D

I did spend a while though making sure I cleaned the hubs and had a nice snug fit before tightening the nuts