12v Battery charger needed - Which one?

trendkill

Another vote for Ctek, great little unit, mine came with a battery connector and croc clips so I have the battery connector permanently wired into the 110 battery so I can just plug the unit in to charge without lifting the seats.

Jason.

I rate the Halfords fully auto chargers very highly. They are better value than the Ctec's (£ per Amp) but every bit as good in terms of charge profile. Also, you probably have a branch near you that is open at the moment!

Si

I have a ctek, great as you can leave it on all the time and it'll keep topping the battery without over cooking it. I also have one of the clark mains 12/24v jump start types for if i need an instant boost, not as easy to use or as well made and claims to need a 25 amp supply for full chat which is basically direct into your consumer unit which limits its portability.

A lot of people rate the ring chargers that have a battery reconditioning mode

I also have a Ctek installed in my 110. They are excellent but sometimes you need a much less complicated charger in the workshop. With the Ctek being one of the "intelligent chargers" you won't get any output unless connected to a battery. This in itself is not a bad thing but it makes it impossible to test components on the bench.