235/85 Insa Turbos. Whats the correct tyre pressure pse?

FATBAZIL

i use 40 all round as i have found these tyres are very bad for sealing around the rims

if i run at 30 which i like to while laning then the next day they are flat, i have tried bead sealant but the sidewalls of these tyres just seem weak

if i run at 40 i have no deflating issues

Running my BFG KMs the same size and pattern but not a remould I normally run 32 front to 36 rear adding around 4/5 PSI for a long motorway run and then taking a bit off when off road i.e. to the mid 20s.

Having said this I found my front left at 18psi yesterday which I thought was a puncture and it hasnt relost pressure and its been checked out by the garage. Obviously not as fussy as I thought :mellow:

• 8 years later...

I been running them  for a year. Good price good tyre for offroad,terrible above 50 or 60 on the motorways eventfull.they dont seal properly so im always adding air.been told by an experienced offroader to run them at 25 psi for normal driving an 10 offroad.hope this help

7 hours ago, Mountain goatee said:

I been running them  for a year. Good price good tyre for offroad,terrible above 50 or 60 on the motorways eventfull.they dont seal properly so im always adding air.been told by an experienced offroader to run them at 25 psi for normal driving an 10 offroad.hope this help

Insa Turbo make a range of tyres. Some very good on the road. Some less so. 

10psi off road will run the risk of tyre coming off the bead. For competition use RTV vehicles can run min of 21psi and CCV down to 12psi. 

On 7/18/2012 at 8:48 PM, FATBAZIL said:

235/85 Insa Turbos fitted to a 300 tdi Disco. Whats the correct tyre pressure pse? Thanks.

Start with the factory pressures for a Disco then alter from there based on how it drives and rides. 

if you are hauling heavy loads or towing you’ll want higher than normal pressures in the back. If the vehicle is kept light with only 1-2 people in, then you can run lower. 

what tyres do you have?

I run 235/85x16's on my disco (albeit Falken Wildpeake MT1's)

I chalk tested them when I first fitted them  and have ended up at 30 F and 32 rear for general driving. Fully loaded or towing heavy, I run the rears at 38

Interestingly, I have dropped off road pressures to 16 and not lost a bead. I run standard Disco steel rims