Defender Wheel arch liners

While renewing the side and indicator lights on my Defender I noticed the wheel arch liners are suffering from rust so worst case I'm looking to replace the wheel arch liners on my but I'm struggling to find the right part number so I can work out how much they'll be. I have a 1990 200TDI Defender...no air con & chassis number starting HA??? I've looked at the www.numcat.ru website which has given me lots of numbers but none seem to be relevant.

Best case I'm hoping just to pull them off give them a good clean up and give them a coat of paint...is just a couple of coats of hammerite smooth black fine for that???

Can't help with the part number, but I can tell you that if you were to replace them with new ones, they are now plastic, which removes the rust problem entirely.

If you do want to keep the metal ones, personally, I wouldn't let Hammerite anywhere near them - far too easy to chip for a stone impact zone. Take off any loose rust with scraper and a wire brush on an angle grinder and then de-rust with Jenolite (or phosphoric acid brick cleaner) and then give them a coat of good quality zinc phosphate red oxide, followed by a sprayed on coat of 3M Schutz underbody sealant.

Nick.

another vote for schutz, iv just done the disco underbody and chassis with it and it gives a very tough finish, also done the bottom, arches, under seatbox and bottom of floor panels on the 90.

maybe im just addicted to the stuff, gona do the l200 next before i sell it.

its ment to act as a sound suppressent too but iv never noticed a difference with it.

Or get yours blasted then galvanised, or powder coated. All my 90's have had th nine wings removed and powder coated, mainly because thats what I do for a living, but all still looking good and shinny to this day. Current vehicle has a galvanised chassis so finished them in silver which means it all matches in nicely. A smooth powder coat finish also means dirt/mud just falls off with a good pressure wash.

Many thanks for all your replies...I had looked at that numcat.ru website but it was a bit confusiong when I started cross checking the part numbers on suppliers websites, they didn't seem to match my vehicle...however found out that they cost £181...A SIDE!!! so I'll stick with the ones I've got and clean them up and give them several coats of paint...having difficulty locating a supplier of that 3M stuff near me...would waxoyl be a fine alternative???