More verbal C***

TJ101

I love the unbiased and reasonable technical info on their site:

Petrol 4x4s Range Rover 4398cc 12.2mpg
Alternative vehicles for comparison SMART 4 seater Petrol 1124cc 40.4mpg

:hysterical: How exactly is a Smart 4/4 any sort of alternative to a Rangey? How exactly do you tow a car trailer with one of those? How do you get several people and a load of gear into one?

Oh, but of course you should probably buy a second car for those occasional journeys (say, a Range Rover), which is obviously better for the environment... erm... and saves space on the roads... sort of... um... :unsure:

You know I think there may be a small flaw or two in this plan :lol:

"I hanker for the day when we will all run free - naked, the 4x4 is responsible for everything, the secondworld war, 70's fashions and a lack of quality shellfish in my local Asda - Im appalled

Im glad you people have nothing better to do, you could be helping sick people, raising money for charities, travelling to hard hit areas and making a difference - instead you come up with this waste of time........."

Jez you nasty man - travelling to hard-hit areas could involve a 4x4 which would create unnecessary pollution, I'm sure the locals would rather remain starving and living in tents than have their beautiful surroundings polluted by a horrible big 4x4 <_<

I've sent them an e-mail asking if I can join up and get invloved, would be good fun to go along to a few local protests :hysterical:

BTW I found this linked from their site, it's priceless:

Anti-4x4 Artwork gallery

just_when_thumb.jpg

Petrol 4x4s Range Rover 4398cc 12.2mpg
Alternative vehicles for comparison SMART 4 seater Petrol 1124cc 40.4mpg

And lifted straight from the Landrover website, the Freelander scores...

Combined L/100 (mpg) ---- 7.7 (36.7)

What? A 4x4? A practical family car capable of towing a caravan and having luggage in? 36mpg? If you seat 5 than you get better mpg per person than a Smart.

Mini cooper S -- 32.6mpg.

These people need to get a life and stop using sensational ideas to make some sort of purpose for themselves. Gimps.

Chris

Each time I read this sort of cr@p it has only one effect on me......it simply makes me more determined to buy the car I 'want' but not necassarily the one I could 'make do' with. B)

I have no real need for the Corrolla T-sport I have now that goes like the proverbial dog's doings of a shovel, and sipping pretty heavily while its doing it, but I wanted it, so I got one. :D

It is highly likley I will get a 4X4 as my next car change choice - not becuasue I particularly need one but I just llike them (and miss having one to be honest....) nothing these dweebs say will pursaude me other wise in fact highly likley to be the opposite...... :P

There are three of use in my family and the 90 seats three (not four or five) so is ideally matched to our needs.

So other than an M1 what other choice is there if I'm not to get a car that is in reality too large for my family?

i have to say that most poeple think that a 2 seater 110 for just me is a bit excessive but if you could see the stuff i have to carry round with me some times..... not to mention the towing of the 'large brown furry thing', i 11o makes sense! :rolleyes: oh, and i love my truck so the green lot can bent over while i drive it up there! :lol: sorry, getting annoyed again :P

i have to say that most poeple think that a 2 seater 110 for just me is a bit excessive but if you could see the stuff i have to carry round with me some times..... not to mention the towing of the 'large brown furry thing', i 11o makes sense! :rolleyes: oh, and i love my truck so the green lot can bent over while i drive it up there! :lol: sorry, getting annoyed again :P

That's all my 110 seams to be doing latey, draging round "large brown furry things" :lol:

but in a couple of weeks, will be draging a "dirty big green ovel thing" over to Belgium, 110 towing = 20ish mpg, green oval V8 thing = 10 if i am lucky , so thats a saving for the greenys

Guest diesel_jim

Most of the time, my 12 seater 110 only has me in it, occasionally SWMBO as well, and the dog, but mainly me.

and guess what............

i don't care! it's mine, i pay for it, i'll drive what i want.

If i ever feel guilty about wasting the other 11 seats, i'll take one of the 90's... they're only 2 seaters, so i'm only wasting one seat!!! :D:D:D:D:D

i can see where they are coming from to some extent with their thoughts on the need for such a vehicle in an urban area is not required, a slightly more thought out response than just no to 4x4s.

but surely even those that need a 4x4 in a rural area need to go to urban areas for shopping/school etc? what are they meant to do leave it and use taxi/train/bus and take their kids to school etc.

Public tpt is a nightmare from rural areas, and most people run one car so if they need a 4x4 their stuck with it where ever they are.

if they were going to go against 4x4s for the reasons stated why not just class all the vhicles that are in the highest emmissions zone

People carriers, large exec cars prob do less mpg than my rover, in fact my TT 1.8 did less mpg than my td5.

If they want to whack up the prices for tax on 4x4s its just going to hit those that need the vehicles the hardest - utility firms, farms, contractors those that tow etc. posh exec that drive them around town will prob not even notice the extra road tax costs.

are they really after us all driving our micras with big trailrs on the back slowing the traffic down? a country of clones!

i have to say that most poeple think that a 2 seater 110 for just me is a bit excessive but if you could see the stuff i have to carry round with me some times...

Not to mention the fact that your vehicle is disabled accessible - I'd love to see that argument with a leaflet-weilding greenie :lol:

Not to mention the fact that your vehicle is disabled accessible - I'd love to see that argument with a leaflet-weilding greenie :lol:

why thankyou my dear. you are quite correct. the donk gives people with disabilities the oppotunity to have the thrill of off roading. infact the leaflet wielding greening can bend over while i drive donk up there! :lol:

My daily driver is a old N reg Volvo 850 2 ltr petrol, which on a good day will do 22ish to the gallon, under 20 when i'm towing AND it's longer than a Discovery AND most days i'm in it alone. I would like to drive a TD5 which is shorter and more economical.

why thankyou my dear. you are quite correct. the donk gives people with disabilities the oppotunity to have the thrill of off roading. infact the leaflet wielding greening can bend over while i drive donk up there! :lol:

:blink::blink::blink: That would smart, you never know you might find a tory MP willing to pay for it though :lol:

Back on topic... we have a photo somewhere of Dave's Ibex parked next to a Mini One, the Mini overhangs the ibex front & rear by a good few inches - bloody space-hogging gas-guzzling minis, they should be banned :hysterical:

:blink::blink::blink: That would smart, you never know you might find a tory MP willing to pay for it though :lol:

Back on topic... we have a photo somewhere of Dave's Ibex parked next to a Mini One, the Mini overhangs the ibex front & rear by a good few inches - bloody space-hogging gas-guzzling minis, they should be banned :hysterical:

i looked up the dimentions of my truck and it is smaller than alot of prople carriers that only take one child to school! :D

Surely if you drive any 4x4 like say a subaru /beemer/ merc i.e. like you stole it then the mpg will be rubbish however if you drive it like a 4x4 should be driven then the mpg will be good

I used to be able to acheive 34+ mpg mix urban/ motorway and I reckon I could of beaten that if I had more motorway

Thats fully loaded in a 2.5 tonne motor

Before you can get cars off the roads. You firstly need to get coppers out there in cars and on foot, sorting out the lil scrotes, the muggers and the thieves. The councils out there cleaning up the streets and repair crews sorting out the buses and shelters etc

then get the buses running 24 hours with a route no more than 5 minutes from anybodies house

Re-Nationalise the Railway network and running 24 hours

Subsidise the public transport to make it cheaper than your car

Oh and then subsidise the freight companies so that your food is cheaper so you don't need to do a monthly shop (using your car)

Oh and could that all be done with out a massive tax hike

NO

Oh dear the greenies are flogging a dead horse

People will always use cars and won't give a flying F*** about the environment then just as long as they can survive