What gets sticky goo off dashboards?

Jon White

Been moving my gauge pods about on the dash on my series, and I'm now left with aload of sticky goo from where the double sided foam pads self destructed when I tried to remove them.

The question now is what will get it off without eating the vinyl dash???

I've tried white spirit, paraffin and acetone (well ok - I admit it - the missus' nail varnish remover) and none have shifted it! That was all i had floating around the garage but has anyone any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jon

Been moving my gauge pods about on the dash on my series, and I'm now left with aload of sticky goo from where the double sided foam pads self destructed when I tried to remove them.

The question now is what will get it off without eating the vinyl dash???

I've tried white spirit, paraffin and acetone (well ok - I admit it - the missus' nail varnish remover) and none have shifted it! That was all i had floating around the garage but has anyone any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jon

Stuff called Ambersil. (or Groom as Halfords call it). Great cleaner that will get anything of anything. But with out damage to what ever you are taking it off.

Halfords call it an Ulpostry cleaner. But used to use it for cleaning sewing machines and then for carpet as well

Sarah bought some stuff from Lakeland Plastics called "Sticky stuff remover" and it's bl00dy marvelous!

It managed to take the dried residue of gaffa tape off my dash were everything including thinners had failed.

It seems to be some essence of orange peel - so smells nicer than gun cleaner too!

Si