My project - brake question 2 : switching the calipers from side

henk

As in my other question I bought new calipers and in Newbury I bought some goodridge flexible brakelines with a banjo.

The banjo does fit directly on the caliper (maybe I have to smoothen the surface a bit) and is long enough to go directly from the caliper to the chassis if I put the left caliper at the opposite site and same for the other one.

Apart from bleeding is there a reason they can not be swapped?

if you put the wrong caliper on the wrong side then the bleed nipple will be at the bottom instead of the top where it should be.

Which means you will never get all the air out, not even by pressure bleeding. Also I wouldn't use a banjo fitting if it wasn't designed for it, as getting it square to the thread so that it seals would be very difficult.

Standard brake pipe fittings are all parallel threads , male or female .

trying to use a banjo without a proper machined face at right angles to the thread would be difficult to seal as said above , a counterbore cutter would give the required face , its lining it up that would need a little care

hth

Steveb