Putting the 90 away for winter

There was a thread in the last 6 months that was about things to do if you are parking a vehicle up for a long time.

I've tried searching but can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it may be or what it was called?

I'm off to Africa for a few months so thought I best tuck the 90 away for winter properly.

Thanks all,

Harry

I'd disconnect the battery, if you have a trickle charger stick it on that. Drain as much of the fuel out as poss (although I'm not sure if diesel goes off like petrol does?). Put it on axle stands so the tyres don't get flat spotted. Leave the handbrake off so it doesn't seize. If the location is secure, I'd possibly crack the windows a bit to get some airflow and stop it going musty (but watch out for things nesting in it, cough cough ;) )

Diesel won't go off, but I would fill it to the brim to stop condensation. Change the engine oil. Connect the battery to an optimate. Fit as many X-Eng security products as you can afford. Pump the tyres up to about 50psi.

Not necessary to do anymore, it's a Defender!

Sorry I've not been on here for a little while.

The land rover is part way through a rebuild so has no roof on it- that should solve the ventilation problem! it will be locked away in my parents secure, modern garage which isn't damp and has plenty of mouse traps set.

So far I have:

- disconnected the battery - my trickle charger is a very basic one and the battery is on it's last legs so I won't leave it on charge, but replace it when I get back

- put it on axle stands

- pumped all tyres up to 50 psi

- changed all oils except the engine

- flushed out coolant system and refilled it

- the handbrake isn't connected yet so no worries about it seizing

- greased props

I still need to brim the diesel tank and I also plan to chain it to as many immovable objects as possible. I've got locking wheel nuts and modular wheels so lengths of chain will go through the wheels and around the chassis just to make it even more difficult to move.

Am I better to change the engine oil and filters before I go or when I return and put it back on the road?

Any other suggestions are welcome :)

Cheers, Harry