So close but yet so far!

mikec

Mike,

Yeah connect that pipe.

You do you the ve analyze, accept the changes and then you have to save the file as a new msq. You have to then open this in mega tune or TS and burn to ecu.

Can you please explain why to connect that pipe up ? If the thermostat has a little hole in it like most do then that'll bleed the air out.

G

Zim- I have mine connected back to the rad for two reasons:

1) its easier to do than blanking them off (if you have a length of hose to hand).

2) I reckon anything that helps bleed air has to be a good thing. Having said that I've never had an air lock anyway..

1) its easier to do than blanking them off (if you have a length of hose to hand).

Hose + plug in the end.

2) I reckon anything that helps bleed air has to be a good thing. Having said that I've never had an air lock anyway..

A thermostat with a hole in does the same job.

I don't think we need a heated throttle body do we ?

I've not run mine connected for years.

Gordon

The pipe is higher than the stat hole by a fair bit, it's also as high as the temperature sensor so stops you getting an air bubble round the sensor. I connected mine teed into the rad top bleed pipe. Used to run with it plugged, but having had airlock problems (admittedly mostly attributable to non-gen stats) I decided I may as well connect it as every little helps.

Mike - You load the log AND YOUR MSQ into MLVV (your posts weren't clear that you were doing this so I thought I'd mention it), then analyse, then save the MSQ as suggested with a new name (EG tag a "2" on the end or something), then you'll need to load it in MT and burn it to the ECU. I always find MLVV will knacker the idle zone so I end up resetting that to the old values & re-saving.

The pipe is higher than the stat hole by a fair bit, it's also as high as the temperature sensor so stops you getting an air bubble round the sensor. I connected mine teed into the rad top bleed pipe. Used to run with it plugged, but having had airlock problems (admittedly mostly attributable to non-gen stats) I decided I may as well connect it as every little helps.

Mike - You load the log AND YOUR MSQ into MLVV (your posts weren't clear that you were doing this so I thought I'd mention it), then analyse, then save the MSQ as suggested with a new name (EG tag a "2" on the end or something), then you'll need to load it in MT and burn it to the ECU. I always find MLVV will knacker the idle zone so I end up resetting that to the old values & re-saving.

No I probably havnt unless it does it automatically.

I'm gonna connect the pipe up, got some fuel hose that'll probably do.

Cheers guys

• 2 weeks later...

Ok got a new coolant sensor, it works a little better.

Anyway got to playing with it again after not having time to touch it for two weeks.

Had a couple of tuning runs, it seems to run fine once its going but I'm still having trouble with idle and pick up from idle,

The idle jumps from about 600 to 800 and back again, pwm disconnected and pipes blanked off.

The pick up from idle issue, if I'm under the bonnet and blip the throttle, there's a delay in it revving up. Is that where ae tuning comes in?

Or could these be a symptom of the same problem? It was mentioned earlier in the thread about air leaks but I'm 99% sure there aren't any.

On a different note how does the ms know the fuel pressure?

MS doesn't know the fuel pressure, the regulator regulates it and as long as it's reliable the MS doesn't need to know.

Stumbling / hesitating when you push the pedal is AE tuning, it's a bit of a faff to get right. Try richening the idle zone (not just one bucket but all cells around idle by the same amount) so it's always rich at idle, that may perk it up although proper AE tuning is preferable.

MS doesn't know the fuel pressure, the regulator regulates it and as long as it's reliable the MS doesn't need to know.

Stumbling / hesitating when you push the pedal is AE tuning, it's a bit of a faff to get right. Try richening the idle zone (not just one bucket but all cells around idle by the same amount) so it's always rich at idle, that may perk it up although proper AE tuning is preferable.

That's what I thought about fuel pressure as there's no sensor, but there's a guage with values on it on megatune, so wondered if it calculated somehow.

Is there a guide somewhere of how to properly ae tune?

Cheers kike

Get the rest of the table right first, then worry about AE, as otherwise you will chasing your tail, VE tune, AE, VE tune, AE, VE tune.... etc.

Same is true for Warm up enrichment and after start enrichment, any changes here are worked as a percentage of the tune table, so change the VE table and it screws with the AE, WUE and ASE.

Just been having a play with the idle. Still with pwm disconnected, timing light shows about 10 degrees before on idle but its hunting from about 580-760rpm, now if I go to spark settings and enter -10 into the trim angle box it idles miles better fairly stable in comparison about 560-610rpm on the megatune guage, but now the timing light is showing it firing at about tdc ish.

Just wondering if this could give a clue to the idling problem?