90 Rear Axle on a 110

Nope.

The 90 axle isn't rated for the weight of a 110.

How the hell did you manage to wreck a Salisbury ? They are bullit proof...I've worked with Salisbury axle vehicles for many years, that's the first I've heard of one exploding

To be fair he asked it if would fit.

Yes it would fit, you'd have to use the spring seats from the 110 and put on a longer propshaft. But the axle will fit under the vehicle.

I'll leave it up to you whether you want to do it, taking into account the payload.

My Range rover ambulance has a 90 style back axle/springs, and the all up weight of that was almost 3 ton while bouncing across Africa. It's still going strong (built in 1979) though only weighs a 100kg more than a 110 these days. - so should be ok but easier to fix your Salisbury I'd think

Wouldn't be a major problem not having a Salisbury back axle if you just use it as a land rover and not as a load carrying machine. Just swap the prop for longer one and the spring carriers for 110 ones and its done.

biggest problem as I can see is prop length cause the Salisbury diff nose is about two inches longer than a ninety one so as mentioned above, your prop will be short.

Not sure on shocks, are they the same??

Yes I do realise the weight implications but I never carry more than 100kg in the back.

I'd guessed the prop would be too short from my days of fitting salisburys in 88"s years ago.

Spring seats would need swapping I'd guessed.

And,to your reply Mike....

The filler plug shot out last week stripping the thread.

The breather was NOT blocked and today.....

almighty bang and there's now a bullet hole in the rear cover!!!!!

Still drives,no whines or crunches!!!

Yes I do realise the weight implications but I never carry more than 100kg in the back.

I'd guessed the prop would be too short from my days of fitting salisburys in 88"s years ago.

Spring seats would need swapping I'd guessed.

And,to your reply Mike....

The filler plug shot out last week stripping the thread.

The breather was NOT blocked and today.....

almighty bang and there's now a bullet hole in the rear cover!!!!!

Still drives,no whines or crunches!!!

it doesn't matter if you never load to full weight, if the 90 azle was upto the job, they would have been fitted from new to all 110's.