What Wheels You Have/Like

Shackleton

Gotta say I love my original Rostyles, BUT!

Just seen the ones on this (cool) pic - the one on the bottom of the page at this link: http://rex55uk.tripod.com/therangerovercla...lubuk/id29.html

Does anyone know what they are, where they can be got?

So what's on your RR or what do you wish was on it?

see yez after another weekend of fluting about under and over the bonnet

IMHO the Range Rover is too much of a classic to be putting Bling alloys on it. Stick to Rostyles or 3 spoke alloys. At a push put the later 5 spoke alloys on that the LSE's had.

For playing in the mud or bigger tyres, go for steel modulars. 8 spokes are gay :ph34r::lol: .

IMHO the Range Rover is too much of a classic to be putting Bling alloys on it. Stick to Rostyles or 3 spoke alloys. At a push put the later 5 spoke alloys on that the LSE's had.

For playing in the mud or bigger tyres, go for steel modulars. 8 spokes are gay :ph34r::lol: .

They look similar to the Land Rover deep dish alloys & while I agree with Bish re chromey blingy chav type alloys on a RRC, I'd put these into the same category as the LSE alloys if they're not the same. Definitely go along with the sentiments re 8spokes. 'specially white. Modulars are OK looking IHMO

Steve.

I realy like the three spoke alloys actually... i've got them on my disco at the moment...

med_gallery_169_179_7227.jpg

but also have a set of disco steel rims, that i've just painted black... ready to be fitted with some mud tyres... the rims look very cool in black.

that is a very nice Bob Tim, i like the pickup look when its done well - easiest version to screw up i think. you seem to see more crappy pickups than hardtops anyway.

my disco rims are black too freeagent, just looks right dont it?

Wolf Rims? anyone got pictures?

I'm not into bling either but I'd hardly call the rims I'm talking about bling. They look totally period and I reckon they'd look pretty nice on a 2dr.

As for bobtails, I'm all in for the functionality offroad but I think they look wrong. *ducks behind couch*

Did the Wolf rims fit ok on the standard wheel studs?

I'm thinking of replacing the 3 spoke alloys with Wolf rims on my Rangey but a mate thought I might need to fit longer studs :unsure:

Dan

They fit fine all i had to do was grind the drive flange down a bit.

rangy1.jpg

255's are a little big though!

rangy2.jpg

rangy3.jpg

I've got 3 spoke Vogues on, but really want Mach5's. Cannot afford or justify them though. so have got a set of Rostyles to fit. Trouble is, I'm not sure my tyre size will go on the Rostyle, 255/65/16? And can I use tubes in the Rostyles?

Tims bob is bloody lovely. I've seen it a lot on Exmoor, very, very nicely done. You sold it though Tim, right?

Tims bob is bloody lovely. I've seen it a lot on Exmoor, very, very nicely done. You sold it though Tim, right?

?? Who's that !! Jim (James T) ?? Filling in your profile would be good !! :(

Yep, The Bob was sold, end of last year,

dunno about the tyre size fitting but in terms of Rostyles and tubes, mine are running tubes - I would have thought that you had to use tubes with the Rostyles - not the other way around.

Speaking of which I had my local tyre centre check my O/S front last weekend cause it's been losing air (on a nigh on brand new tyre) he pulled the tube and tested it extensively, and I watched him - then he put in a new valve - but it's still losing air???

Yeah, the stops are pretty much right out now. I was pricing up spacers but got horrified when it seemed you could buy a set of black modulars for the same price! DOH.

Now it seems I'll have to:

a: flog the Rostyles

b: buy spacers

c: fit 235/85/16 to Rostyles and sell my 255/65's

d: fit my 255/65's to black modulars

e: Hide under a rock.

In order of preference:

1- Rostyles painted nice (EG not ratty as most seem to be)

2- 3-Spoke alloys in good nick

3- Modulars

4- Wolfs in black

5- 8-Spokes can actually look good if they're resprayed a decent colour, either matching the vehicle or black/gunmetal grey