110 station wagon re-trim

JeffR

About to re-trim a station wagon using rubber chequer plate (wife is whinging about the 10mx1m roll of the stuff that is residing in the hall way - only been there for a couple of years and makes rather an interesting conversation piece, but you know what women are like when they get a flea in their ear), sorry got side tracked.

Any way I intend to glue the rubber to the wheel arch boxes using Evo stick (I know that works) but its the footwells and second row row floor that has me stumped.

I did consider stick on velcrow style stuff, but I'm not convinced that it will be up to the job. Also considered screwing it down with metal plates, but having just spent most of the weekend attempting to get the bloody thing reasonably water tight I'm loath to start drilling holes.

Any suggestions?

(wife is whinging about the 10mx1m roll of the stuff that is residing in the hall way - only been there for a couple of years and makes rather an interesting conversation piece, but you know what women are like when they get a flea in their ear), sorry got side tracked.

Don't really have any ideas but your posts always make me laugh!

decent silicon sealant, works well on rubber, should stick to footwells if they are clean and you key it with a wire brush.

Did think of that, but as I want the floors to be removable (it will need outriggers done at some time!)....

If they're cut to shape well enough you shouldnt need anything to hold them still, although it depends to an extent how thick it is. I have a 12mm thick stable mat in the back of mine cut to size and there's no way that will move about.

I have some 6mm rubber (old conveyor belt I think) in mine and it never moves. I shouldn't worry about sticking it down unless of course you are also talking about covering the sides of the seat box?

Will be doing the wheel arch boxes, seat box and anything else! Had a flash of inspiration will only glue down the centre of the floor panels so that the fixing screws are accessible, a few velcrow buttons will hold down the very edges.

So it's off to do some solvent abuse gluing things down......