Turrets and retaining rings

I'm in a battle with a supplier over some Defender turrets they supplied which didn't fit - the bolt holes didn't line up with the retaining ring.

I sent them back and they got a retaining ring in to match and said it does fit. We swapped measurements and my old retaining ring (imperial), new retaining ring (metric) and chassis holes have 116mm (long side) and 89mm (short side) bolt centres. The retaining ring they got which fits the turret is 105mm and 87mm.

Who's right?

Here's the turret not fitting. Two bolts go through but the other two are out

post-18025-0-51010300-1380822066_thumb.jpgpost-18025-0-74378900-1380822069_thumb.jpg

It's no real help but I used the Gwyn Lewis galvanised ones. A really nice simple open design. And available in std or longer heights.

Apologies for digressing .....

James

I use the disco 2 isolation ones too - what did you do on the back to reflect the 10mm ride height increase at the front ?

Stephen

The annoying thing is I was tempted by the galv turrets at £14 each. When they arrived and didn't fit I thought i'd spend some more on some good quality ones. Bought a pair of NRC6372G from another supplier for £24 each....

...and when they turned up they were galvanised and also didn't fit! The G apparantly meant galvanised rather than Genuine.

Surely there must be some that are made to fit rather than having to drill them out?

James

Ahh - yes I bought a pair of those but have x-springs so ended up turning the seating plate upside down for a better - which gave me the 10mm back.

DailyS

That is frustrating - is it worth you returning them ? I bought some cheap door seals which turned out to be poor - but the cost of posting them back wasn't far of the cost of the seals :-/ so I just took the hit basically - and bought genuine.