AWDC Round 7

najw

What a day!! I love that site it’s got some amazing terrain and some deep water! I had water coming over the tops of the doors just half an hour into the event ;)

We broke the rear winch, bent a front suspension wishbone and the Steering rack is not looking to good either! But we finished! The Yamaha will be back for more action next month.

Thanks Neil, all the Marshals and Scorpion Racing for putting on another great event.

had a great day today , loved the site :)

was bitching for alan Kemp , and apart from breaking a steering bar early on (cheers to the site owner for the use of welding equiptment) and the truck getting tired and rolling on its side for a sleep twice

whats with the ''ODD'' points on the SS2 , how did people score random points , or is it just a ''very long day glitch'' :P

I blame the driver for all the faults and not maintaning his machine to the peak condition that I am used to..

other than that, we both agreed, that each other were driving/biatching absolute pants.

so Adrian, get your wallet out and sort out the motor - we have slindon to win

ps we can walk home from there too.. :D

oh yes- - good night out on sat around fire, not sure I like camping without beer (lots of) but good event once more, thanks very much.

Hope you all had a good day

(Adrian and Pigster didn't) :(

Again the weather was very kind to us.

Results are now available

HERE

The all important championship points to follow.

Just got home, still can't belive I managed to come first.

Anybody want to make me an offer on a set of decarbon shock absorbers ?

Told my co driver it was all his hard work.

Had a good day without breaking my std range rover clasic 10 spline rear shafts.

Did manage to loose the bolts that held on the rear spring so spent 1/2 hr trying to find bolts from other less important parts on the truck and re fitt the rear sping.

must sort that sometime in the next 4 weeks.

Never found punch 56 and left a few others that I/we thought would take too long

"we'll come back to them if we have time at the end" was said half a doven times or more and actualy came true for a couple.

So who was it that was filming and when will we get to see a video?

Superb site with many and varied punches, well set out as usual. The ball game was great fun, many thanks to the marshall in the white L/R who pulled us back on our wheels, and Saley for doing the same.

Can anyone advise what size/capacity electric winch would pull my 90 back onto its wheels if the winch was mid mounted with a pully at the center top of the roll cage? (Take the p**s if you like, you know who you are, but it is a serious question).

Can anyone advise what size/capacity electric winch would pull my 90 back onto its wheels if the winch was mid mounted with a pully at the center top of the roll cage? (Take the p**s if you like, you know who you are, but it is a serious question).

A 4-6000lbs winch would do the job, a really good brake would be my highest priority though!

Would it be possible to rig a couple of brackets and or pulley blocks to utilize a winch already fitted?

the pull would only be a short one, and hopefully not a regular occurrence.

IE

rear winch back to pulley behind cab to a roller in either direction

enough gaps to feed the hook through.

Alan is on hydraulics, so its a bit of a no go when the car is on it's side :)

Unless that is he was willing to have a play about installing an elecric pump nto the hydraulic system, he could the winch (albiet slowly) with the engine off.

O dear I didn't realise.

how about a hightlift then as you probably have one onboard.

had a great day today , loved the site :)

was bitching for alan Kemp , and apart from breaking a steering bar early on (cheers to the site owner for the use of welding equiptment) and the truck getting tired and rolling on its side for a sleep twice

whats with the ''ODD'' points on the SS2 , how did people score random points , or is it just a ''very long day glitch'' :P

Odd points stop us keep getting ties for the top spots.

Hence now 999, then 989, 979 etc rather than 1000, 990, 980

Seemed to work, no tied places at all, hopefully the results should be clear, unless I'm missing something!

Championship points now updated

HERE

The hydrolic winch will work if the car is laying on the drivers door, gets an airlock in the pump when it is on the passanger door, also there is a danger of oil feeding the turbo if you start the engine.

No where to put a turfor but I could suggest a few places!!!

Dangerous with a high lift, just stick a leccy winch in if I can get the right one. If a 4000 winch will do it then that will fit quite nicely, could possibly cram a 6000 one in.

I would stick an 8274 on the roof if I were you, less chance of burning that winch out, as you seem to be on your side a fair amount :D

The hydrolic winch will work if the car is laying on the drivers door, gets an airlock in the pump when it is on the passanger door, also there is a danger of oil feeding the turbo if you start the engine.

No where to put a turfor but I could suggest a few places!!!

Dangerous with a high lift, just stick a leccy winch in if I can get the right one. If a 4000 winch will do it then that will fit quite nicely, could possibly cram a 6000 one in.

fink neil lost them :lol:

Hmm yes, I thought they were in all the paperwork I fetched home but I think they must be in the tender somewhere, I'll try and recover them at the next event and publish the figures.