Engine/box won't separate??

Eightpot

Been stood a year or two, I've only got it on/off a trailer and round the workshop, but the clutch seemed fine.

Only had to get the engine out to fix a leaky rear oil seal.

Looks like it might be a very old clutch though, so had while to fuse itself together.

Not that big a hole actually - I just measured the diameter of the bolt hole spacing on a spare clutch plate, then marked that distance out on the bellhousing. I think a 17mm hole was ample to get a slim socket through.

Just a matter of turning the crank till a bolt lined up and five mins later job done!

Much harder getting the pigging clutch plate of though!

Not that big a hole actually - I just measured the diameter of the bolt hole spacing on a spare clutch plate, then marked that distance out on the bellhousing. I think a 17mm hole was ample to get a slim socket through.

Just a matter of turning the crank till a bolt lined up and five mins later job done!

Much harder getting the pigging clutch plate of though!

Glad to hear my suggestion worked. Not the thing you want to do too often. Thankfully only the cost of a new clutch kit then.