Urgent Axle case advice needed

hi all

the other day whilst hitting some particularly tricky greenlanes my friend managed to snap his front axle casing.

i have found a nice looking replacement on fleabay that ends this evening but in the description says 94-onwards and his is a 91

my questions are:

Is there a difference pre and post 94?

if so what are the differences?

thanks

tom

wasnt '94 the year they changed to 24 spline diffs? or am i just pondering over nothing again?

if so it doesent matter as long as you get a complete axle, or his current one is 24 spline.

p.s. how did he manage to SNAP an axle????? that deserves some serious points

i dont think he deserves any points

every time i see his truck i point out things that are about to break and he ignores me, they then break haha

the morning before we went out i said your axle is F-in knackerd start looking for a replacement, his response was "errr it'll be ok"

what happened?? it snapped just next to the panhard rod mounting

internals dont matter as long as the case fits im hopeing to reuse his internals

just had a mooch online and narrow arms are aparently 38mm wide while wide arms are 45mm wide, the change over from narrow to wide was in late 1993

do you think it would be ok to use narrow arms in a wide casing if i were to whip up some spacers on the lathe??

I realise that, but still not come across 6 bolt swivel balls other than on series. Happy to be corrected though? :)

They changed from 6 to 7 bolt in the mid to late 80s - I think around 1989 on RRCs. It's often overlooked that RRC were around in the early 70s !

My 1980 RRC had 6 bolt and my 1989 RRC had 7.