Almost a landrover

tacr2man

Nice, how is the axle articulation on these?

I read that axle articulation is poor due to steeply angled radius arms and propshafts, and they ate universal joints for breakfast. There is no load sharing arrangement between the axles, and apparently they were quite unstable under heavy braking.I think the CV joints on the rear steering axle would also be a weak link.

All those wheels and they managed to completely stuff the approach angle !.

Is that a typo? I mean, well what does that mean? :D

Doors look like Defender and the dash binnacle looks like late but pre soft dash RRC?

Perhaps he meant that the axles were the extra wide axles that were used on the Australian Military Perentie 6x6's, and some 4x4's I've recently been informed,

Seen one at the ports here, many years ago. It had a 3.9 auto, but the 2 mid axles were both Salisbury's and they looked narrower than the ones seen here. But it had the wide avon treadlite tyres on. I remember i was fascinated by how it was cobbled up from land rover parts!

I still like the idea, wonder if the suspension shortcomings could be improved.

G