Odd Whirring noise

JeffR

Well there has been an odd whirring noise coming from the family hack 200tdi, looked at everything I could think of, wheel bearings , diff, power steering, the bloody lot. Didn't think to look at the water pump I put on in December, guess what, the fffffing bearings have collapsed..... God I really am beginning to hate Landrovers, before anyone asks, yes it came in a blue box (my fault I know, but I was in a hurry) and no I cannot find the bloody receipt.

So whats the best water pump to buy?

Can you not re-bearing the pump yourself? Then you can buy as good a bearing as possible from a local supplier, and not worry about it again.

It is absolutely cattle trucked! The shaft has chewed up the casing, bloody lucky the fan didn't eat the radiator.

I've been searching for an airtex varient for a couple of years and I haven't found one :( 300, you can find but not 200. I think I'm going to plump for a genuine one rather than take a chance with aftermarket, I really don't believe their OEM hype any more.

Mo

Don't suppose anyone knows where the bearing in me ex-waterpump went? The impeller shaft looks like it's been rough out with a file and the impeller has parted company with the shaft.... the Gods were smiling cos it went just as I got through my garden gates, would love to know where the bearings went though. Oh and the fan blades got within a mm of the radiator!