Extreme 4x4

honitonhobbit

Over the last three years I have dealt with these guys on a fairly regular basis. They are helpful, customer focused and provide good service. I'm not a shareholder, nor do I get anything from mentioning that they are good.

I am also aware of their history and the particular pile of ash they rose from. The past is the past.

Good company

Said person got the sack! The original company was bought / rescued by Durite but they found someone was up to his old tricks.

I still cannot quite bring myself to use them though! Maybe in another 10 years!

Si

It's just the word "Extreme" that puts me off. I just associate it with Halfords chavtastic go faster bits.

It would also appear some of their prices are extreme.

Funny, (to me) Halfords bought a company I respected and made them chav!

Back to the first post, whilst I fully acept Si's comment for obvious reasons it is good/interesting to see grumpy old farts comment. It would be really nice to belive that they have turned it araound?

Marc

PS I also detest the "extreme" label mostly because it infers that every one else is trying to acheive their level when the evidence on thise forum shows that the "etreme" builds and creativity is right here on this forum, Mouse, Moglite, HfH, Bill, Daan House of Flying Spanners, Si himself and many others I have missed.

Back to the first post, whilst I fully acept Si's comment for obvious reasons it is good/interesting to see grumpy old farts comment. It would be really nice to belive that they have turned it araound?

Marc

You're probably right - I'll try to be more open minded! It's unfair to tarnish them with the reputation of a previous employee who they did after all sack!

I'll have a look and see what EXTREME things take my fancy!

Si

I try to be open minded about this sort of thing. I was aware that the furore over Andy (Red Ibex/Moglite) and his spring issue, was at the time blown out of all proportion on the 'net. Whilst working at OEC we bought a fair amount of very well fabricated, electro-powder coated and well packed kit from 'the ashes' with no issues. I also remember a long talk with Si over Xbrake-gate....

Extreme is indeed a poor choice of name. But they have a reasonable stock and reasonable prices and they use good couriers. Hence my use of them My reasoning behind the post was the need of a spare 16mm/5/8ths top link pin (Cat 0) for my receiver hitch. These are not easy to get hold of in the UK and when you do find them they are silly money. Foreign purchase is required for cheapness - a PITA. So I rang Matt at Extreme. was told they had some in stock, was reminded that they owed me money on postage of a return item. This was done at 16.50 on Tuesday. I had the pin yesterday morning by UPS. For less than £8.00. Not bad...

Farm Power / Gwaza do top and bottom pins cat 0 / 1 / 2 and lots of handy trailer spares etc

no vested interest , just use them a bit for the lighter end of Ag stuff and trailer spares

cheers

Steveb

And farm supply type places tend to be very reasonable prices too.