Clutch help required.

My 1995 300 TDi defender 90 has had a new clutch fitted and all new hoses and slave cylinder. Bled the clutch but the pedal is solid. You can't push it down. We are going to check the slave is working properly but has anyone else had a similar issue or got any ideas?

If the drive plate is in backwards it means the pressure plate fingers will be further towards the flywheel , hence pushrod all the way in . It really does sound like it's in the wrong way round

cheers

Steveb

Can you explain this?

Sorry, can't see how flipping the plate round will make the friction surface fatter.....

TA :)

The boss for the first motion shaft will be against the flywheel bringing the gearbox side surface of the drive plate further from the flywheel forcing the release bearing back and the slave piston into the slave cyl. Obviously the flywheel side will not be in contact but the boss is .

cheers

Steveb

I too immediately thought that the friction plate is fitted reversed, but also wondered about the hose - is it another Britpart replacement with a solid rubber section as we have seen them make on the Series brake hoses?

There isn't 2 types of slave cylinder is there? I am wondering if the slave is bottoming out before pushing on the diaphram? I can move the release lever backwards and forwards in the housing and there is no resistance as though the release bearing isn't there.