AtLidl now --- POWERFIX Inpsection Camera

western

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=34449&ar=6
saw the above on one of my facebook group pages on thursday evening, on the way back home I stopped at the Lild store in Hayle to see if they had any in stock, found a tray full of them, so bought one,comes complete with 4 x AA batteries ready to use, it also has a video output via a 3.5mm jack plug on side of screen head.

a few pics below, will post a few more later.

post-20-0-54806600-1465643561_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-64875300-1465643577_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-04058400-1465643591_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-95000600-1465643603_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-54754800-1465643616_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-33223600-1465643632_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-91544200-1465643644_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-94816300-1465643657_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-57394500-1465643670_thumb.jpg

post-20-0-95230900-1465643681_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

price is on the lidl weblink @£39.99

the probe itself is poseable there's no drive joystick to move it about.

video out is not specified in the handbook.

says use a 3.5mmm jack at camera end with other connection to suit your other device, also says use a good quaility ferrite cored AV cable

I've had a USB inspection camera (You use a laptop screen to view and can take stills) for some time, works fairly well the only real problem is the LED's around the camera tend to produce a lot of glare even though the brightness is adjustable

I also have a "Snake" USB and it has issues, glare as said above plus needs laptop which is bulky and cannot be seen in daylight.

The Lidl price is not bad as Amazon want £75 for one!

Wonder how it compares to the Snap On one?

I have seen some in Costco but cant remember if they were Powerflex probably.

This isn't meant to be offensive, but what do you actually use these for?

We have two at work but all it seems to do is prolong taking something in bits? If your using it in the first place surely its because something's wrong and therefore needs fixing. I've often wondered about buying one but not really seen a good use for one ( apart from sticking it up my nose )

Will.

for examination of inaccessible areas, I use a Olympus Iplex one at work for internal structure & engine inspections on our aircraft, on a LR for looking at inside of cylinders, sump & chassis areas which can'r be seen without major dismantling

We use the Snap On one at work (Volvo Truck and Bus) for inspecting cylinder liners for cracked liners, checking ABS rings without having to take the hub off, checking inside bell housings for inspecting clutch springs/release bearings etc.

They do come in handy...I personally wouldn't shell out or the Snap On one though, one from Maplin/Alid/Lidl work just fine

Toby

I was doing the shopping, and despite impending unemployment, I couldn’t resist and bought one.

Immediately inserted in my hooter.

I also did a corrosion inspection on my (lidl) air compressor tank…so there you go, almost a justification to own one :P

Anyone tried inspecting the bores on their engine yet?

so thats a few legitimate uses. looks like they are good to have. i'm going round inside my chassis this weekend and i will probably check the clutch stuff and may even stick it in the diffs to see what i can see. A timing belt look might work as my bottom drain is not there so i need to figure out how to see the belt with no bottom hole. I think the hole is filled with chemical metal but i need to get a light on it as it could literally just not be there.

I think they're a great tool in general, though I have no experience of this specific type. Checking internal sections of chassis, bulkheads and doors seems the most common application, but you can check all sorts of ducts for trapped moisture, mould, oil, foreign objects (like dropped screws rattling around).

I bought one last year. Great kit with, IIRC, comes with a 3 year guarantee.

You know when you drop a bolt or nut and you cannot quite see it, and you are worried in case it dropped into or against something critical??

Well, this is the jobby ---- armed with an Aldi or Lidl telescopic magnet you can fish away to your hearts content.

Triffic

Barry

I bought one last year. Great kit with, IIRC, comes with a 3 year guarantee.

You know when you drop a bolt or nut and you cannot quite see it, and you are worried in case it dropped into or against something critical??

Well, this is the jobby ---- armed with an Aldi or Lidl telescopic magnet you can fish away to your hearts content.

Triffic

Barry

this one has a magnet,mirror & 2 pick up hooks that fit the viewing head.