P38 Front rear Diffs and Td5 and later 110 rear Diffs help needed !!

Hybrid_From_Hell

Prototyping time !!.

We never really see / saw many P38 / Wolf/ 110 TD5 0nwards differentials. The 2 pins are chap as always... where as the 4 pins are  very strong ....but suffer from crown wheel failure .

Even HD Ashcroft P38 SN CWPs can shear ...and add an ARB and they break even quicker.

In the challenge world and in Cummins conversions and tow wagons upgrades from.salisburys etc they have been slowly growinh on populaeiry and we gwy more and more in for work and upgrafes etc  We have been asked many times about pegging theae ahoet noae inoys lkke we so kn rhe long nose casing...

So Some measuring CNC bits and bobs and a casing and much oooing aaaaring and hmmmming we have a prototype .

Casing going off the be aqua blasted then welded and built up .

Prototype 4 pin pegged Short Nose with prototype P38 Superflange and forged centre tube hope to have done and at Donington 4x4 show for cuddling by interested parties (diff not us ?)

1st pics. 2 x plates = 24mm metal S275 and M16 x 2.00mm threads with phosphor bronze pad and special bolts.

RD138s ARBs can be fitted we think with minor machining mods we can do on house ...so need some belp

Need to know about the 2 x mounting hols shown on pics. Is anything in them/ used in the rear ....even a guard etc. If so would the plates when TIGged in clear ?

Fronts I think have a harmonic dampener bolted on the 2 x holes.again ...If it was to be left on there would my plates clear it????

Pics would be much appreciated 

Oink

20170120_145033.jpg

20170120_151950.jpg

17 hours ago, Hybrid_From_Hell said:

Just damper on front ?

Would it still fit ..or fit bit a little bit of grinding??.

Both front and rear. Bracket is just a rectangular piece of metal, so going by your pic above it looks like you could just goring the bracket down to fit.

cheers, Steve

Hey, Guys,

I can't contribute on the technical side, partly because I can't understand a lot of it:

" We have been asked many times about pegging theae ahoet noae inoys lkke we so kn rhe long nose casing... "

Please, use  a word processor, or at least read what you have typed before you upload it.  Something about "Rubbish in ........." comes to mind.

Mike