Forum weekend in wales

q-rover

MOving on from THIS thread we would welcome anyone

to join us on the weekend of 15/16 march.

We will arrive in Wales 14 march.

We would very much appreciate some 'guides' as well as info on campsites,B+B's, hotels

or other accomodation.

There will be young children within our party.

I may be able to guide some lanes in the area on one day. Will sort of depend on what is happening on the farm around that time, particularly weather dependant. I have recently tried out a whole new group of (legal) lanes with a view to leading trips for more inexperienced (shinier) trucks who want to have a go at green laning without damage. Could be a chance to trial the idea? For those wanting more "challenging" lanes I can give plenty of pointers to whats out there away from the tourist trips and advise on the legallity or otherwise of various lanes at the mo.

I could also arrange basic camping at my Gaff with nothing more than a long drop toilet for those more hardcore campers amongst you. Am in the Brecon Beacons so if anyone is interested in that then PM me.

I may be able to guide some lanes in the area on one day. Will sort of depend on what is happening on the farm around that time, particularly weather dependant. I have recently tried out a whole new group of (legal) lanes with a view to leading trips for more inexperienced (shinier) trucks who want to have a go at green laning without damage. Could be a chance to trial the idea? For those wanting more "challenging" lanes I can give plenty of pointers to whats out there away from the tourist trips and advise on the legallity or otherwise of various lanes at the mo.

I could also arrange basic camping at my Gaff with nothing more than a long drop toilet for those more hardcore campers amongst you. Am in the Brecon Beacons so if anyone is interested in that then PM me.

Appreciate the offer, would be good to be shown some 'gentle' lanes to start with.

Most of the group have either P38 RR's or DII's.

Fancy doing Strata Florida though.

bu**er dates are no good, we need someone to sort another, need some plans for 08!!!

If you fancy a day/weekend in Shropshire some time let me know. We have plenty of room for camping/barbecue if you want and since we did quite well in WW2 we now have running water and electricity (some times).

• 4 weeks later...

Slight change of plan :(

We have decided that to get to S Wales the first night would be too optimistic.

there will be 2 children under the age of 2 coming along with 3 other children.

The ferry doesn't get in untill 15:00.

So we would be looking for recommendations on some greenlaning between Newcastle and N.Wales.

Stannage edge is one option we are considering.

If there is anybody that can still spare a weekend to show us around, we would very much appreciate

the effort.