8274 owners ??

TJ101

Ok, since the front is all off the hybrid, and have easy access to the 8274 winch,

What should I check ? she is all working fine, but was thinking

1 a oil chance, ? what oil is everyone using ?

2 Check/rebuilt of the brake, ? again who?, Jim @ gigglepin I presume, with the uprated ones

anything else whilst I am there ??

Thanks guys

Tim SAE30 from Mole Valley Farmers £8ish for 5litres(or many oil changes)

also try and fit a breather to the gearbox.

brake pads can lead onto agro with the circlip, if you're feeling flush get the mainshaft kit from Jim as well as new pads a worthwhile investment.

Tim SAE30 from Mole Valley Farmers £8ish for 5litres(or many oil changes)

also try and fit a breather to the gearbox.

brake pads can lead onto agro with the circlip, if you're feeling flush get the mainshaft kit from Jim as well as new pads a worthwhile investment.

Thanks Mark !

Tony, "feeling flush" well, with the wings,doors,brake lines, Rad (new 4 core unit) fans, etc, etc, am feeling "if it ain't bust, don't fix it,

? Breather, mmm, I try and avoid the water, (its a V8 Thing :o )

lol, someone was gonna say it wasnt it?

Yep, trying to think of something witty, for Stephen,

like asking if i can stick it back together with bits of rubber and bostick !! :P you need to be on ribnet to understand :ph34r:

seconds out round 37 :lol:

you'll find atf in there, but I think sae 30 is recommended by Warn. You can also get it in 1l bottles from Lawn mower service places

Steve

Steve, most of the lawnmower stuff has detergents added and Warn reccomend non detergent...

I just bought my last lot from Lister Wilder in Reading when I ws picking up a load of tractor parts; any agricultural machinary dealer will stock it.

Yep, trying to think of something witty, for Stephen,

like asking if i can stick it back together with bits of rubber and bostick !! :P you need to be on ribnet to understand :ph34r:

seconds out round 37 :lol:

Don't even THINK about going down that road :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Sorry Stephen, was a tad under the belt ! meant in the best possible taste,

straying O/T O so slightly ,, Is the rib sorted ??

No it's buggered again at the moment (bodge patch keeps coming off due to the fabric being cr&p though it has given me a few more glorious days out on the water). New tube ends should be en route from Paul Tilley since last Tuesday ... God knows how I am going to do the job given that I don't have anywhere really suitable (warm and dry) to do it and don't really have a clue what I'm doing anyway but nothing to lose .... it's throwaway boat time if it doesn't work :angry: wish I had never bought the stupid thing now its been nothing but trouble.

However if I can fix it and sell it then I have my eye on the Milemarker of the boating world Mac 570 most of the benefits of a rib with few of the disadvantages, just gotta find the money :)

Tim,

If you remove the main mounting bolts, lift the winch out of the way and then throw it in a skip - that should work. The money you will get on the weigh in will cover the cost of a new, decent winch.

Got my coat, got my shoes,got my hat, got my body armour.... an leavin' by the back door