Difflock linkage eyebolt LT230T

OK all, need some info for a change Please

I need the measurement of the linkage eye-bolt centre from the side of the transfer case ?

or

from the outside edge of the eye to the transfer box case ?

either will be good 

I can't find any info in the workshop manual.

[pivot pin, item 8 in the attached diagram]

mine seems to be wound in to far & over the last few days is illuminating the difflock amber icon on my warning light panel, [the difflock is NOT selected] & its driving me nuts. 

WP_20180319_18_21_46_Pro.jpg

that was one of my thoughts Mike, also thinking that a measurement would give me a decent point to start from.

also as it is now, when difflock is selected then deselected the difflock lever comes over centre to the lef, where it shouldn't ever move too. so something isn't set correctly on my linkage.

Can get you one tomorrow afternoon when I come back from work as I've just swapped my transfer box and the floor is still out . Wish I'd have seen it earlier as I've put the box on this afternoon , don't know whether you've had a look at it yet but had a similar problem and it was one of the pins that had come out .

cheers Ian

Western, 48mm on mine to the pin centre. I found that it needed a bit of adjustment - IIRC inwards, to stop the symptoms similar to what you have. It's only a couple of turns needed to go from not working properly to spot on. Before you start check all the pins haven't gone rusty and add a dab of grease, and the that plastic bushes are nice and clean inside.  They invariable get gummed up which makes getting a nice crisp motion more difficult.

Edited by simonb

4 hours ago, ianmayco68 said:

It’s 57mm western on mine that’s from the gearbox to the outer edge of part 8 in the parts diagram above and I believe I’ve got the same setup as you r380 stumpy and 200tdi .

Brill Cheers Ian, yes to 200Tdi & Stumpy R380, at least I've got a start point now 

1 hour ago, simonb said:

Western, 48mm on mine to the pin centre. I found that it needed a bit of adjustment - IIRC inwards, to stop the symptoms similar to what you have. It's only a couple of turns needed to go from not working properly to spot on. Before you start check all the pins haven't gone rusty and add a dab of grease, and the that plastic bushes are nice and clean inside.  They invariable get gummed up which makes getting a nice crisp motion more difficult.

Pins & plastic bushes & spring clips are all present & in good order, Cheers, along with Ian's info I've a great start point Cheers very much, will report back on how it ends up.

Had time & decent daylight/weather to get this sorted, had to wind the eye out & then back in a few turns plus made one pivot a bit tighter & now the difflock linkage works as it should, no more difflock light glowing when its not engaged.

cheers all for the info/assistance :i-m_so_happy:

The warning light in mine was coming on in wet conditions for a while. Then while removing the transfer box to swap the main gearbox last summer the terminals fell off, the switch was knackered. Unfortunately I’d not had the foresight to buy a new one in preparation so it’s still broken. I haven’t had much need to use difflock since and to be honest I’ve always found that it’s fairly obvious if it’s engaged on anything other than loose ground.

Will swap the switch when the body comes off next month which will save fiddling it from underneath/above with very poor access.

Since I've got my engine and transmission out ATM I did the very same adjustment a couple of weeks ago.  I've just measured the distance, as you asked in the OP, and it is 56mm.  I did find that even a single thread difference in or out on the pivot pin made the link non-operational.  I could engage one gear, but not disengage and engage the other.  I admit, I do need new plastic washers/bushes, Item 2 in the figure, and these will be fitted before I refit the bits.  Replacing these may give me a little more wiggle room in the adjustment.

Mike

• Like 1

had time to look at this again today, think I've got it sorted now, there was a lot of play in the difflock to long arm U pin link, so managed to shim it out with 2 new washers on each end to each arm, got the eyebolt set so the disengaged position is just left of centre on the difflock lever at transfer box, 

operating lever in cab is nice & tight, probably the best it's ever been since new.