Where to find a 130 ambulance?

dantastic

18 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

It's not necessarily the exporting, it's the importing -  Germany has strict rules for example, a lot of ex-mil trucks have disabled CTIS because that's classed as a military technology under their rules.

I don't know where a Pulse would fall foul - the older models (like ours) were also sold as civilian units and were based on civvy 110's or 127's, while the Pulse is very definitely built on the Wolf platform with MOD-spec chassis etc. so it could be that, or it could just be that you would need to road-register it as an ambulance or commercial vehicle 1st.

Thanks for the explanation.

1 hour ago, missingsid said:

Thanks for the explanation.

I must stress this is a very rough interpretation of snippets I've been told by various people across Europe & Scandi - people here like to complain but we've got it so much easier than almost everywhere else.

• Like 1

What the man at L Jackson, who export a lot of ex-MOD stuff, some civilians were standing in UK ports and were refused by UK customs to board the ferry because they were bringing Military technilogy" out of the UK without required documentation.

He also stated that as a non-UK resident/citizen, I could not apply for the license.

This was in discussion on Pulse or Pulse box body released from MOD through L Jackson going to me in Sweden.

I have tried to get in contact with the Export Control Joint Unit to have confirmation or denial of these statements and also on the requirement of a license or not for a civilian owned Pulse, as seen on the bay, but no luck reaching through to them yet.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/standard-individual-export-licences

Any help or guidance in this is more than welcome.

Thanks

Tobias

19 hours ago, Badger110 said:

There's some interesting stuff there!

Done Deal is kind of our Gumtree, Ebay has never really taken off here and ebay.ie is not really useful, mostly UK stuff that now has all the uncertainty of duty and maybe never delivery. The only thing is that the market is small and there are some price expectations and anomalies that can surprise!. Also the local definition of 'Mint' is not what you might imagine :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tobias and all.

You can bring a converted and registered pulse ambulance home to European countries on an individual basis. You can drive it for a reasonable time and then have to register it with the Tüv, or Swedish equivalent. Someone on the forum for ambulances just managed to register one in France.

You could buy mine 🙂, it knows the Swedish roads very well. Spent lovely Summers there!

Registered in the UK since 2016.

Best wishes

Hein

• Like 1