New to me toys

5 minutes ago, Stellaghost said:

You will have to machine it as don't know if there is enough taper to grip,I'll box one up and bang it in the post on Monday, and just to wind you up no charge regards Stephen

:blink: - all these freebies, must be building up for something big in return :P

2 minutes ago, Ed Poore said:

:blink: - all these freebies, must be building up for something big in return :P

I wouldn't say big you've only had a couple of small freebies,  having said that you could possibly come in handy for a forum relay as you do come North, and if you couldn't there would be no offence taken regards Stephen

1 minute ago, Stellaghost said:

I wouldn't say big you've only had a couple of small freebies,  having said that you could possibly come in handy for a forum relay as you do come North, and if you couldn't there would be no offence taken regards Stephen

And he's got a handy flatbed for the slow trip with some big tools for you Stephen :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

And he's got a handy flatbed for the slow trip with some big tools for you Stephen :D 

Hmmmm I do like tools lol, but I need to slow down only have a double garage and to say it is congested would be an understatement 

Regards Stephen

Edited by Stellaghost
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, landroversforever said:

Weeeelll... There is a slightly bigger engine available for it and once the beds secured that might be the next thing on the priority list so I've got some confidence in the engine. Scotland might be a little far until some sound-proofing (read covering up gaping holes in the floor) are done first.

Although I'd more than happily throw a trailer on the back of the 110 the next time I head up.

I do know of a shaper, big vertical mill and big lathe becoming available - unfortunately I've got dibs on them as mine just aren't big enough :blush:. I think the Land Rovers would manage them but moving them a few miles on the back-roads of the badlands of Wales is one thing, trying to not get pulled with a severly overweight trailer on a 500 mile trip to Scotland is another :hysterical:.

Good news on the mag drill front, the one I got recently that wasn't working is now sorted, new rectifier fitted and jobs a good un. What I'm going to do with 3 mag drills, god knows regards Stephen 

20210323_163820.jpg

Edited by Stellaghost
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

What I'm going to do with 3 mag drills, god knows

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness I've been umming and ahing over getting one as I'm getting fed up of nearly snapping my wrist with the Milwaukee or stuff being too big to fit onto the pillar drills.

So if you're potentially interested in selling one (absolutely DO NOT just bung it in the post) then I'd be potentially interested in buying one.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:42 PM, Stellaghost said:

I owe you too - you need to think of ways for us to return the kindness ! 

8 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

Like a red rag to a bull lol regards Stephen

I've moved... ;)

Yeah like I'd have managed to find someone else stupid enough to take on this place in a few days.

7 hours ago, Anderzander said:

I owe you too - you need to think of ways for us to return the kindness ! 

No one owe's anything, your thanks is payment enough, if i can help i will, BUT i wont be posting any free engine's lol regards Stephen

Well the very least I can do is if you want something collected or posted down here for me to bring up later you're more than welcome. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the new workshop will be able to have some stuff moved in so I can have some more storage space.

Will also be travelling again to Surrey in the next week or so so could potentially collect / shift stuff enroute. Might be coming back with a trailer but won't be leaving with one probably. 

Only recently... 

I've not really wanting to do this work trip and I've out it off since last year but couldn't get out of it any further. Unfortunately things didn't quite go to plan so I've got to go back :angry:

• 1 month later...

Ooooo nice, I've considered upgrading to Milwaukee..... just for the strength of there rattle guns, the Milwaukee is almost 50% more than the Hitachi/Hikoki catch is all my stuff is Hitachi so I'd have to buy a whole battery and charger with it... and I have other toys I want first 

I'd never had a rattle gun, air or otherwise, but I'd already got a Milwaukee M18 drill and a couple of batteries, so I went for the 1/2 version of this, and I wished I'd done it long before.

Awkward jobs, where big torque is needed, crankshaft nuts etc it's just a great piece of kit. I find it particularly useful on rusty, gunged up things - shocks, track rod ends etc. The kind of thing where I'd previously have been lying there working away with a ratchet or ratchet spanner, and they're just off in seconds.

Since added the grinder and the multi-tool.

I've had the high torque 1/2" impact for quite a few years now, between that and the little 1/4" driver I find they cover most eventualities. Kind of been tempted by the 3/8" version for something more compact but don't think it's small enough.

Very tempted by the 3/8" extended reach ratchet though for those nuts that are a sod to reach and need lots of winding up and down.

2 hours ago, Ed Poore said:

I've had the high torque 1/2" impact for quite a few years now, between that and the little 1/4" driver I find they cover most eventualities. Kind of been tempted by the 3/8" version for something more compact but don't think it's small enough.

Very tempted by the 3/8" extended reach ratchet though for those nuts that are a sod to reach and need lots of winding up and down.

We use both the M18 and M12 Milwaukee stuff at work.... look at the M12 3/8", another tool in that range that is a go too is the M12 variable speed die grinder 

Oh if I had the choice I'd probably get one of everything but if I'm honest between the 1/4" hex with adapters and the big 1/2" they do everything I ask of them at the moment. I like the idea of the ratchet one because if I can't get the 1/2" in then chances are the 1/4" isn't going to fit either. It's not so much for doing silly torque stuff, just difficult to access areas where the compactness of the ratchet head will be useful.

I seem to recall Rich from Deboss Garage saying if he only got to keep one tool from Milwaukee's line up it would be that one because even if it can't crack off the nut you can use it as a normal ratchet and then wind it off with the motor afterwards.

• Like 1