NATO hitch replacement parts

DC_

Ok guys I’ve searched with no joy, can anyone shed some light on where to get new claw pins and circlips (or similar)

numbers 10 and 12 on this diagram and clips are 9 and 13

1E1EC33E-BFA0-4D94-B5D4-E6F2EE7A3DD7.jpeg

I’d imagine there is reburb kits out there surely? Finally got round to seeing to the hitch. Was locked solid. Needless to say those pins took a beating to get out. 

1 hour ago, vulcan bomber said:

If your struggling, let me know and I'll turn you a pair up.

I’ll have a better search later, no answer when I rang the above number and I didn’t have time to wait about. 

thanks for the kind offer, I might take you up on it if I don’t find any tonight 😎👍

Just a thought..... does it need to be the pins or can you use heavy duty bolts? Mind you, one of the pins is threaded at the end to hold the locking chain.... hmmmm 🤔

15 minutes ago, DC_ said:

Just a thought..... does it need to be the pins or can you use heavy duty bolts? Mind you, one of the pins is threaded at the end to hold the locking chain.... hmmmm 🤔

You may be able to 'kludge' it using old bolts or something - but if it then fails and flips a trailer into the other-side of a motorway or something, your insurers would probably walk away and leave you with a problem that could be both legally-interesting and financially-crippling.

Proper parts are - in this context - a cheap investment.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

You may be able to 'kludge' it using old bolts or something - but if it then fails and flips a trailer into the other-side of a motorway or something, your insurers would probably walk away and leave you with a problem that could be both legally-interesting and financially-crippling.

Proper parts are - in this context - a cheap investment.

Good point Tanuki.... an hour of searching and still no joy. Had enough. I’ll ring them again tomorrow and see if they supply the pins 👍

Call Blanchards, if anyone is likely to have some it's them. Though as complete hitches are about fifty quid to pick up on ebay it may not be worth the price of parts even if you can find them. You can probably recoup that cost selling yours as individual parts too. 

On 10/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, DC_ said:

Ok guys I’ve searched with no joy, can anyone shed some light on where to get new claw pins and circlips (or similar)

numbers 10 and 12 on this diagram and clips are 9 and 13

1E1EC33E-BFA0-4D94-B5D4-E6F2EE7A3DD7.jpeg

Do you have the 'FV' part numbers to go with this diagram?
I'm thinking that if you had you would have used them; they might help in searching for stock.

Regards

FV987958.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Sparkes said:

Do you have the 'FV' part numbers to go with this diagram?
I'm thinking that if you had you would have used them; they might help in searching for stock.

Regards

FV987958.pdf 39.48 kB · 3 downloads

Didn’t have the part number David so many thanks for that.... the search will resume after work tonight 😊👍

One of the pins: https://pablanchard.co.uk/Pivot-Pin-for-Nato-Hook-FV332176

Other pin: Doesn't seem to be available outside of Dixon Bate, who say they don't sell it individually, mileage may vary if you ring them up.

The clips don't appear to be anything special, and aren't listed at the usual suspects.

There's some info in here about using radius arm bolts instead of the pins, should be easily up to the job: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

One of the pins: https://pablanchard.co.uk/Pivot-Pin-for-Nato-Hook-FV332176

Other pin: Doesn't seem to be available outside of Dixon Bate, who say they don't sell it individually, mileage may vary if you ring them up.

The clips don't appear to be anything special, and aren't listed at the usual suspects.

There's some info in here about using radius arm bolts instead of the pins, should be easily up to the job: 

I’ll have a look through that Bowie thanks. 

2 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

Do you want a brand new spare one?  I've three, cluttering up the garage - you are welcome to one

Only issue is how to get it to you

I need the two Nonimouse, one with the threaded end for the chain. And the blank one. I’d be happy to pay postage. 

• 2 years later...