Ineos rumoured to pay 700m for Mercedes F1 team

Bowie69

Plus the Merc team ran at a ~30M loss last year, while generating a few billion in advertising. Not really money pit. And starting next year there will be a budget cap.

I still somewhat doubt it's true though, but you never know. Eddie Jordan is rather broken-clock-like.

I'm an accountant by training - most F1 teams acccounts do not make happy reading, if they have freestanding accounts in the first place. There is a lot of original and applied research done by the teams but any value will go to the parent company; for most F1 teams there is a subsidy in terms of a direct marketing payment or some other transfer of value. 

Ineos is a bulk chemical company; I am struggling to see the synergy, but that may be explained by me being in my homeoffice, bashing away on a laptop and Jim Radcliffe is not!!

44 minutes ago, jeremy996 said:

Ineos is a bulk chemical company; I am struggling to see the synergy

Jim is making a few forays into sport, e.g. he bought Team Sky out last year.... I wonder what event support vehicle they will use at some point in the future ;) 

1 hour ago, mad_pete said:

£400 million a year is a fair bit.  I think at some point if you own a massively profitable  company and land rovers aren’t costing you enough this is a good scale up money spend option. 

Budget is being capped at $175m from next year.

Going to be interesting....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I see Ineos have launched a weapons(hospital) grade hand sanitizer with a backdrop of all their major sponsorship deals and the Grenadier chasing the peleton too.

You have to admire the commitment to brand promo , and spotlight focus. 

Steve

• Like 1