On 3/26/2024 at 1:02 AM, Tim94 said:

Maybe you can let it electronic galvanizing? Hydrogen embrittlement is mostly only problem with thermal galvanizing. Also keep in mind the tensile strenght, this has impact on the fact you will get hydrogen embrittlement. 

See also here for some more info: https://galvanizeit.org/knowledgebase/article/hydrogen-embrittlement

It’s my understanding that even zinc  electro plating can cause it. To a lesser extent, but I did discuss it with a knowledgeable friend. I imagine at the least, dipping in the hydrochloric acid a part of that. 

These studs are Class 10.9, so not quite the top, but still considered high tensile. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 1:49 AM, Snagger said:

Given how infrequently you have to nuts, that paint would do just fine.

I’m hoping so, and a little “chissssh chisssh” touch up here and there

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 5:20 AM, uninformed said:

I’m hoping so, and a little “chissssh chisssh” touch up here and there

It’s what I did with my 109 before I fit the 110 axles and alloys.  I’d just spray a little paint into the plastic lid and use a modelling paintbrush to touch things up.  Kept it smart and tidy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys, they are just copies of the originals LR use to make. Part number 346377 for LHS. They aren’t cheap and pretty hard to find these days, so figured it easy enough to make them.

Here is an original LHS

IMG_1929.thumb.jpeg.f6a2e3e19a660fbbbeec8582c956d636.jpeg

• Like 3