Hose missing after service?

Hi All, looking for some help first time landy owner, had a major service on my 13 plate 90 2.2 and after driving home hit limp mode, AA guy found a hose that looks disconnected and a clip not put back on but would replace as he wasnt sure where it should go?? Its some kind of air or gas hose on the passenger side under the cooling pipes.  Should there be another pipe inbetween as it doesn't reach the spigot in the images any help appreciated cheers20210212_175302.thumb.jpg.3f38fb029076d7d930e06197d11122f9.jpg

20210212_175314.jpg

20210212_175309.jpg

1 hour ago, elbekko said:

Looks to me that the hose that's a bit kinked should go to the bottom port, and the loose hose should connect in its place.

Precisely, the one bent like a banana needs to be disconnected at the top, where the rusty clip is, and put on the open pipe at the bottom, it is even preformed for it.

The other loose hose goes on the then vacated pipe.

Although i've got  2.4 i had a look at mine and at the 2.2 routing.

As said, the pipe that is routed and looks kinked doesn't look like it's in the correct place.  

It possibly should be the one that has been left open.  

If you look at this diagram, number 12 is what it should look like coming from that t piece.

1686_radiator_hoses_2.2tdci.png.b4da10d3414191cff4f30ad6b20b4848.png

I'm not 100% sure about the barb, it looks like it comes from the oil cooler ( barb on top of the oil filter housing on mine ) but there are some connections on these engines that are used in production but then non useable once they leave the production line...possibly used to test the system?

Either way, those pipes will contain coolant.

Amazing info Gents, many thanks

Makes perfect sense now the guy at Maple Road Garages thinks they have connected back up wrong as you said when accessing the glow plugs. The drawing from Badger110 matches perfectly! Inwont be using that garage again and they haven't been paid yet!! Cheers guys

1 hour ago, Mike Bez said:

Perfect thanks guys I'll give that a go now, stupid question but are any of these hoses full of liquid or coolant?

Cheers

If they did, they ain't now!

I'm not sure this is your problem. 

1 hour ago, pete3000 said:

.....or has someone done a sneaky egr delete/reroute of pipework? the disconnected bit doesn't look to be very clean, so not recent?

It does look like it's the EGR cooler that's been bypassed, but you wouldn't need to do that if the EGR had been blanked or deleted from the ECU, it's just a coolant jacket.

14 hours ago, Mike Bez said:

Thanks but cant do that until Monday, cant see what the other ends connected to AA guy says its blowing air or gas and is causing a mass air flow imbalance if that helps at all 

Ah, if its blowing out gas/air I'd suspect the EGR cooler has been leaking between it's coolant jacket and the internal exhaust passage, someone has just bypassed the coolant jacket to get round it, leaving exhaust gas to leak to atmosphere via the open coolant pipes.

This was probably done some time ago so is unlikely to be the cause of your problem if it's only gone into limp straight after the service.

That said, a leak in the EGR gas passage could throw a MAF fault but why it's not caused a problem prior to the service I couldn't say.

How long have you had the vehicle?

• Like 1

Update gents,

My local mechanic has been out, the hose is not the problem and has been linked out to bypass the egr at some point it's a cheeky way of blanking the egr and is common in the 2.2 transit based engines

His computer is saying glow plug circuit, he thinks they have snapped a head of the plunger putting the new ones in?

I'd say that if I'm right about the hose, then it's not the cause of your problem, I take it the AA/you have checked the coolant level?

I think you're going to have to wait until it's back at the dealer on Monday, as without seeing the vehicle or knowing the fault code it's not really possible to diagnose via the internet!

Is it still in limp mode?

Some fault codes can crop up out of nowhere then disappear or be very intermittent.

3 minutes ago, Mike Bez said:

Update gents,

My local mechanic has been out, the hose is not the problem and has been linked out to bypass the egr at some point it's a cheeky way of blanking the egr and is common in the 2.2 transit based engines

His computer is saying glow plug circuit, he thinks they have snapped a head of the plunger putting the new ones in?

Posted as I was replying.

If the EGR has been deleted there's no need to bypass the cooler, if the AA guy felt "gas" at the pipe stub it's probably still working but without the benefit of the cooler.

As I said, it was probably leaking coolant, a Google confirms this isn't uncommon on this engine.