Looking for a carrier that can transport a pallet to France.

I know that with the brexit and all it is now rather complicated...

But do you have personal contacts or know a serious company or guy that do regular UK - France carrying cars or car parts.

I need to send a pallet to France and i am shocked by the prices since the Brexit.

When I lived in the S.W. we used a guy called George White from Derby, he and his mates are up and down  the road all the time, he charges by floor area so fill and stack the pallets, share the cost if you can.

www.shiply.com

But dont be surprised if prices have gone up post brexit. I shipped and engine UK>FR for around 200, then recently looked to ship a similar size/weight there were no quotes coming in less than 500.

I hope the person receiving the pallet is aware he will need to pay for the import declaration, some VAT and import duties (if applicable)

It basically killed for not the "get the replacement chassis from UK" industry.

Out of interest I've just had a phone call from Vince about something completely unrelated but I asked and he's definitely still shipping personal stuff to France. His comments were that basically Boris has said to UK customs to treat imports with a "soft-touch" so importing stuff into the UK is fairly straightforward but the foreign nations are picking up on every little thing when stuff is being exported which is where the hassle comes in with paperwork and associated costs. He's in the process of becoming an independent customs agent so will be able to handle paperwork for other couriers etc.

On 5/23/2021 at 10:42 AM, Ed Poore said:

Out of interest I've just had a phone call from Vince about something completely unrelated but I asked and he's definitely still shipping personal stuff to France. His comments were that basically Boris has said to UK customs to treat imports with a "soft-touch" so importing stuff into the UK is fairly straightforward but the foreign nations are picking up on every little thing when stuff is being exported which is where the hassle comes in with paperwork and associated costs. He's in the process of becoming an independent customs agent so will be able to handle paperwork for other couriers etc.

Good news, i'm in the process with George white at the moment.

The things they need for the customs seems pretty simple and straight forward. (for the moment)

• Like 1

I don't know if this experience is relevant, but a number of years ago I obtained, as a private individual, a UPS account, and I can still use it.  I have used it only a few times, for shipment UK to Canada, but that has been when my personal UPS shipping quotation has been lower than my supplier's quotation, perhaps by 25%.  There are some peculiar, anomalous results in the carrier world!

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

On 5/26/2021 at 5:00 AM, Troll Hunter said:

I don't know if this experience is relevant, but a number of years ago I obtained, as a private individual, a UPS account, and I can still use it.  I have used it only a few times, for shipment UK to Canada, but that has been when my personal UPS shipping quotation has been lower than my supplier's quotation, perhaps by 25%.  There are some peculiar, anomalous results in the carrier world!

Mike

Hi Mike, good to know ! thanks

The only downside is you have to be close to his usual routes (south west of france). I'm lucky to live right next to the beginning of bordeaux autoroute up north in normandy. so we met at one of the aires so i can get the pallet.

I'll soon need them to ship a range rover classic roof from uk again.

Just as a pointer, i paid 170 euros (customs and tax excluded) for a pallet loaded with a full range rover classic interior.