Show us your draws

I reckon you’re better off buying more or a bigger actual toolbox. Probably cheaper than buying a sturdy enough chest of draws. They usually don’t have bearings and have weak bottoms for a start. 

this is mine:

A4F7C3C8-4366-4823-B08F-2A5708C81BB4.thumb.jpeg.a4721a8a9f64ce0c7a2e7859a65a297b.jpeg

Pair of the original type Halfords industrial chests on my own trolley to drop them about 4” in height. I originally had two bottom chests but heard they were changing the design so I bought the two tops and two mid chests.

I recently converted an old filing cabinet for tool storage. It has bearings in the runners, is quite sturdy and most of all, it was free. I did have to turn it upside down as the runners were on top and my father in law fitted bottoms as it was just an open suspension file frame.

I have another narrow filing cabinet with normal drawers, no bearings I think so a bit heavy to open but also very sturdy. I keep my taps and pullers etc in there, doesn't seem to mind the weight at all. That was free as well, it came with a second hand workbench I bought.

So if you look around you should be able to find something similar.

My old man used to run a couple of metal (I think they are called sorting cabinets) 50mm deep draws...... them, a number of benches, the floor and any number of projects he was working on lol

Those cabinets are the same size as vertical filing cabinets with similar metal draws and metal sliders, they are 20yrs of Dad using them and how ever long they were in use before he got them at auction..... and my brother inlaw is about to start using them..... 

Me I agree with Landroversforever.... you can get some very good cheap chinese cabinets from the auto supply stores, them and peg boards.... but that said I have OCD over this subject due to growing up with the frustration of working in my Dads workshop lol...... can't wait for my tool box to arrive from Australia so I can sort mine out lol... I'm overflowing at all my tool areas lol