DEFENDER WITH AGRI REGISTER

I have owned a couple registered in this way but both had agricultural machinery bolted on them to change the use from a simple pickup to something else. One was set up for slug pelleting and the other a sprayer.

I think they are quite tight on allowing this to happen now so you may struggle. It also limits you to (from memory) 15 miles max radius from base and only from field to field so you could not use it to go to the shops for example

I believe it can be done. But might be more hassle than it is worth. If it is being done to try and get around driving licence laws and age restrictions, then you are on very shaky ground. I.e. if it is being done so that a 16 year old can use it on the road as a car. Then you would be liable to prosecution and might really scupper the 16 year old in getting a full licence in the future.

Do you have more info on why you want to register it as an agri vehicle?

1 hour ago, Chicken Drumstick said:

I believe it can be done. But might be more hassle than it is worth. If it is being done to try and get around driving licence laws and age restrictions, then you are on very shaky ground. I.e. if it is being done so that a 16 year old can use it on the road as a car. Then you would be liable to prosecution and might really scupper the 16 year old in getting a full licence in the future.

Do you have more info on why you want to register it as an agri vehicle?

thanks for the info 

reason being i am 15 and would like to run  a lawn care company along with other jobs when i reach 16 so just wondered if i could register it as agricultural ( the only other option for a open back truck would be a piaggio ape lol ) so a defender would be more useful

You can't do it as your intended application is not agricultural.

A piaggio would probably fit the bill pretty well and be good advertising.  My advice would be to get the piaggio but see if you can get a job for someone else and do bit of grass cutting on the side, You will learn much more in the long run, people are less willing to help and show older lads/lasses.

Alternitivly a classic tractor and 3 ton trailer would do the job but you still fall foul of the regs.

5 hours ago, monkie said:

Have you got a Defender? You could always get one and start refurbing it. Some of us have had our Defenders for years and they are still in bits. 

Yes!!!  I'm into my fifth year of a total overhaul, from galv chassis up, and am still enjoying the rebuild.  Making the rebuild a hobby rather than a chore keeps the fun in it, and this evening I found two pieces that I'd been looking for for weeks. They were both under a pile of interior soft items that I had'nt touched for quite a while, so I was well pleased.  More progress tomorrow.

Mike

Wow, you started a full nut and bolt restoration at 10 yrs old!

My son has just turned 9 and I am thinking about trying to get him to fix stuff not break it. He knows that I can fix everything so want him  to learn but as I don't have a child safe ish work area at the moment it is difficult.

I'm not too worried as I didn't start on bikes until I was 12.

Starting young is great, my mate got his kids into Kart racing at 9 one took to it the other not. The one that did won  and other championships and now is a Jaguar test driver.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 11:54 AM, LANDY DEFENDER 32 said:

yes they can be driven on a moped licence as they are only 50 cc

Hope you manage to find a decent one at reasonable money. They have really crept up in price in recent years due to the trend to use them for Coffee/Pizza trucks. I searched for the larger TM703 version for years but could not find the version with a steering wheel. Too heavy/powerful to fit the moped requirements for you though.

I ended up with the british version of the TM703 instead 🙂

signwriting.thumb.jpg.1df2ee98c95a4788dc15a4533dec3612.jpg